• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Roberta

Eager
Carrara, the one in Italy, is a center of international importance for the extraction, processing and trade of marble, known as Carrara marble.
Carrara_Cave.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
An Excerpt from the Adventures of Jammie and Tommy:

I was hoping to submit something to the Renderosity Open Themed animation project, but all of my projects are missing too many sequences and would come off incoherent. This clip in particular, though only 5 seconds (150 frames) would tie enough other clips together to give me a 3 minute clip - but this sequence will not finish in time.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I had thought today was the last day for submissions but it seems submissions have already closed for the Renderosity Open Animation contest - very frustrated.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Carrara, the one in Italy, is a center of international importance for the extraction, processing and trade of marble, known as Carrara marble.
I think there was some speculation about the origin of the program name, and one of the hypotheses was that since Carrara is also a modeler, naming it after the town of the marble seems appropriate. But I never heard of an "official" version of the story.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Riccardo as I recall, that was the official version of the chosen name from Metacreations when Carrara 1.0 was released. Carrara 1.0 was a merger of software technologies from Ray Dream Studio and Infini-D. I almost bought into Ray Dream Studio several times in the 90s but never followed through. It was discussed in several 3D trade mags I used to collect often. I recall the print ad for Carrara Showing a half carved marble statue with tools on the ground, and the blurb saying something like "A tool not just for Sculptors but Artisans" - though this was about two and a half decades ago...so my memory might have errors.

Riccardo

Adventurous
@Riccardo as I recall, that was the official version of the chosen name from Metacreations when Carrara 1.0 was released. Carrara 1.0 was a merger of software technologies from Ray Dream Studio and Infini-D. I almost bought into Ray Dream Studio several times in the 90s but never followed through. It was discussed in several 3D trade mags I used to collect often. I recall the print ad for Carrara Showing a half carved marble statue with tools on the ground, and the blurb saying something like "A tool not just for Sculptors but Artisans" - though this was about two and a half decades ago...so my memory might have errors.
Thank you Ryu. So that version is probably more "official" than I thought. I am pleased about this confirmation :)

Hornet3d

Wise
The set is Future Warfare and this is the Large Building Military Base one of 21 in the kit. I will add a render of the vast range of props over on the 'Change of spending Habits thread'

Hornet3d

Wise
Magical Place HW.jpg

Caoimhe was early, quite by accident really, but it left her time to contemplate another night out with Turlough. She was sure she would enjoy the night, he was good company, a good listener and her made the laugh and she always felt at ease. All would be fine but as the end of the night grew closer she would feel a cloud of doom drift over them. They would part the best of friends but some how no closer to each other than when the night started. They had been dating almost a year now and, she corrected herself, were they really dating, she was not sure. She needed to ask but for some reason she suspected tonight would go the same as so many other nights and the question would remain unanswered.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Here's an example where I have turned DuskSE into Bruce Lee. Pose and camera framing done in Poser, rendered in Stable Diffusion, postwork in Paintshop. This uses the 3D-AI-2D workflow I have developed for Poser, which resulted into the OpenPose plugin that was released yesterday.

BruceLee_1500.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well the author(s) of my current WiP personal reading project posted another three chapters about a week ago, which increased the length of the fic by about a third. This calls for another couple of illustrations.

First off, I got confirmation of which version of my Hermione model to use so I could finally add a Frontspiece.

Frontspiece.jpg