• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
that Case! :flower02:

Hornet3d

Wise
Keeping the colony going was a 24 hour affair with most inhabitants, of working age, working shift patterns of a varying nature which really explained why the Community Centre was open 24/7. Despite that there were often times when it was hard to believe it was part of, or used by, any sort of community and this was one of those times. It was late in the evening, Caoimhe corrected her thoughts, it was very early morning and she was glad that the centre was indeed close to being abandoned, she was only really looking for specific company and it looked as though she was going to be out of luck. All she needed now was the sort of guy that were drawn to solitary women to ensure her gamble was not going to pay off.

CC Visit HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, I've been doing APA covers again. The batch that I did back in 2018 is going to be used up by July, so I put together another set of four of them.

One of them was a re-working of a still life that i think I posted a couple of years ago, so you've seen a version of it. And another I shamelessly reworked from an illo from one of my publication projects that i think I posted back in '21, so you've seen that one too. But I do have the two others.

The first one is largely an exercise in converting a fairly recent product from Iray. I mostly used Vyktoria's Convert It! shader pack from Rendo, but I do tend to go in and replace some of the metal shaders with ones from different packages after checking a spot render.

I've left off the lettering.
To-Post.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
This one uses some truly ancient stuff from the old RDNA Deep Freeze collection, a sky sphere and lights from one of Flipmode's easy environments and stuff that just came out at DAZ about a month ago.

That's the Hivewire horse. The armor doesn't actually fit him, it's just scaled to cover. He's a bit scaled as well.

I was particularly pleased to find that applying the G8M settings of Vyktoria's Convert It! character package to G9 seems to work perfectly well for getting G9 into 3DL.

I applied one of dimension Theory's Shades of Life shaders to the exposed face of the outcropping base that the figures are on.

To-Post.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
@JOdel Can you tell me the name of the product with that lovely outcropping cliff there? Love the render but that outcrop is just fabulous!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It was one of the old Props Club sets, and I'm pretty sure that 'Outcropping' was in the name.

The date on the various components is 2005, so it's at least that old. IIRC the various components were sold individually, but at this distance, I may be misremembering. They were certainly designed to be used together. There was the grassy crest base, and the outcropping tree, plus some shrub figures and some flowers.

I've used that cliff in a lot of things. It's really handy to have. It does look rather different with its original texture. I did apply a shader to the cliff face. But I don't know if it is still for sale anywhere. DAZ has vaulted some of the older stuff over the years since they acquired RDNA.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It was one of the old Props Club sets, and I'm pretty sure that 'Outcropping' was in the name.

The date on the various components is 2005, so it's at least that old. IIRC the various components were sold individually, but at this distance, I may be misremembering. They were certainly designed to be used together. There was the grassy crest base, and the outcropping tree, plus some shrub figures and some flowers.

I've used that cliff in a lot of things. It's really handy to have. It does look rather different with its original texture. I did apply a shader to the cliff face. But I don't know if it is still for sale anywhere. DAZ has vaulted some of the older stuff over the years since they acquired RDNA.
You are correct. It was called, I believe, Grassy Outcroping. If it is the one I am thinking of it had some morph options as well. I believe it was Traveller's. I do not have access to my archives at this time (computer and HD troubles from last year) but if I can find it, I can confirm who the artist was and the RDNA product code. If it is one of Traveller's products, you may be able to reach out to him directly to see if purchasing would be possible. I am unsure how things stand now, but he used to be very approachable and easy to contact, though I have not communicated with him in some time.
There is a chance it may be a different but similar product...so if I can find a product archive I will look for both. I have and have used a lot of the RDNA scenery products.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There's a high probability that it was one of his. He did a *lot* of the Props Club models and that was definitely one of them.

You're right. There are a slew of morphs. I can't say I've ever used any of them, but they're there.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have been playing with lighting scenes just using emissive surfaces rather than Poser lights in Poser 13 as I find I like the result. Now, with great thanks to hborre over at Rendo forums, I have the ability to add colour temperature and LightFalloff (like inverse square on Poser lights) to the emissions. This is my first attempt using the added inputs.

TV Night HW PW.jpg

Emissive added to the bulb inside the lampshade, no Poser lights are used at all.

Hornet3d

Wise
There will be a slight delay in any more renders as I am now unable to launch Poser 13 despite numerous downloads, I will just have to wait tto see if Poser Support can help.