• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Saphirewild

Brilliant
I been wanting to the Christmas in a box for a while now and here is what came out of the wanting to use it!!
Also wanted to use one of the great PA gifts with it!!

Hornet3d

Wise
The Old Quarter, as it had become to be known was an idea in Turlough's mind right from the start but it was only about nine months in he had the nerve to suggest it Caoimhe and even that had been too soon for she rejected it without much thought. It was only after their first year abandoned on the planet that she realised that, if the colony was to survive there had to be some fun and a change of scenery. Turlough's suggestion could provide the change of scenery without making everyone think of home and, as it was based on imagination, they could build into it whatever they liked.

The whole project was only ever worked on during downtime but then there was a fair amount of that with little else to do so the Old Quarter grew quickly and now, as they approached their second anniversary, it was about to be opened to all. Tonight however Caoimhe had decided that Turlough, who had put so much thought and effort to make it come to life, should give her an evening guided tour after which, she could return the favour by showing him some of the additions she had managed to have built without his knowledge, and surprise, surprise could end with hopefully a relaxing atmospheric dinner.

The Old Town HW.jpg

The scene is Victorian Street by BlueTreeStudios.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well we are just seven days away from the big day so I guess it is time for the Christmas spirit to kick in. This is going to be a very make and mend type Christmas for many thanks to the financial situation and the strikes that are happening in the UK. The railway workers strike makes i hard to travel while the postman's strike there are Christmas presents and cards not likely to be delivered by the big day, if at all, The strikes by nurses's and ambulance drivers union have many worried about getting sick at this time.

The render was made with that spirit in mind, the hair is a V4 hair called Anastasia by SWAM which I purchased in March of 2015. The pendant and broach are props from around the same area but shrunk to 1% or 2% to make items of jewelry.

Chrismas 2022 HW.jpg

So with Caoimhe now getting in the Christmas mood it it time to wish every one here a Happy Christmas, or Happy Holiday and hope you all have a fantastic 2023

robert952

Brilliant
I think I saw in this thread the suggestion to start a separate thread on AI generated stuff. Maybe a good idea.

Until then this falls into the "I just wanted to post an image" category.

The real impetus for me was the news report about the book Alice and Sparkle. The book and illustrations were AI generated. Looking into that report further, the output still needed a lot of work on both the text and the illustrations. While the book creates controversy, I will avoid those aspects.

I googled AI Art Generators and found this article: 10 Best AI Art Generators. I randomly picked out one: Stablecog. I appreciate the input of others on the generators they used, but I wanted to approach the subject as fresh as possible on my own.

I then used the following text: Raquel Welch (not sure why); space suit; and Jupiter on my first attempt. My thought, after looking at those words, went towards a SciFi book cover or promo image for a movie. My first attempt was OK but was a black and white image. So I added the text 'color.' The second attempt was also OK. I decided to try one more time. Below, is what I got and meets the concept I had on some level.

I wanted to share the 'raw output.' This image has no post work whatsoever. Yes, the hair would need some work on the right shoulder. It looks like an attempt at making a helmet but didn't work on the right side of Raquel's head. And the background isn't quite a planet backdrop. However, if I were creating some art, for a movie promo poster, this fits the bill of my imagined concept.
Looks to me like an interpretation of Raquel in a space suit with Jupiter. :rolleyes: At this point a fun toy for me.

[s_908991441]-[gs_50]-[is_7]-Raquel Welch spacesuit jupiter color.jpeg

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
I think I saw in this thread the suggestion to start a separate thread on AI generated stuff. Maybe a good idea.

Until then this falls into the "I just wanted to post an image" category.

The real impetus for me was the news report about the book Alice and Sparkle. The book and illustrations were AI generated. Looking into that report further, the output still needed a lot of work on both the text and the illustrations. While the book creates controversy, I will avoid those aspects.

I googled AI Art Generators and found this article: 10 Best AI Art Generators. I randomly picked out one: Stablecog. I appreciate the input of others on the generators they used, but I wanted to approach the subject as fresh as possible on my own.

I then used the following text: Raquel Welch (not sure why); space suit; and Jupiter on my first attempt. My thought, after looking at those words, went towards a SciFi book cover or promo image for a movie. My first attempt was OK but was a black and white image. So I added the text 'color.' The second attempt was also OK. I decided to try one more time. Below, is what I got and meets the concept I had on some level.

I wanted to share the 'raw output.' This image has no post work whatsoever. Yes, the hair would need some work on the right shoulder. It looks like an attempt at making a helmet but didn't work on the right side of Raquel's head. And the background isn't quite a planet backdrop. However, if I were creating some art, for a movie promo poster, this fits the bill of my imagined concept.
Looks to me like an interpretation of Raquel in a space suit with Jupiter. :rolleyes: At this point a fun toy for me.

View attachment 76627

Yeah; the novelty wears off fast if you are just doing the text to image thing but there is so much more that can be done. For example this started life as a Canada goose photo I took down by the Lake earlier this fall.

Attachments

• 00004.jpg
    00004.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 126

robert952

Brilliant
Yeah; the novelty wears off fast if you are just doing the text to image thing but there is so much more that can be done. For example this started life as a Canada goose photo I took down by the Lake earlier this fall.
Wow. Nice image. I am certain that like many other graphic programs, you can do 'basic stuff' by just playing around. If you dig into the 'how to' aspects you can find the real power to the software.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
~Low Poly Life~

I had these Unity3D low poly assets I bought from Synty Studios, and I loaded them into Poser to build this scene. The set is modular, so can build it in many different ways. Lots of fun! Even the rigged characters worked in Poser, which was a nice surprise. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. Not exactly what one would expect to see from Poser! ^____^

LowPolyLife.jpg