• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe looked around the room feeling happy that all everything had passed final inspection, yet she still felt troubled by the need to have such a room. When they had dropped to the surface of the planet the hope was they would be rescued in a matter of weeks but that had not happened. Now, two years on, they were having to construct many more facilities for the colony and managing the construction list, with all the changing priorities that involved was complex. The daycare room was a typical example, it had not been on the list for the first year but as families had been formed resulting in a growing number of births it had moved up and up the list. In one sense the growing need was a good sign showing their colony was becoming more and more viable but It was also a reminder of their precarious position, it would not take much to make all their work on the colony constructs worthless.

Happily the construction team had been enthusiastic, even those without families and Turlough in particular had worked long a hard the room. It made her wonder if he had children of his own back on his home planet or did he have future plans for his existence on this planet.

Day Care HW.jpg

Day Care by Coflek-gnorg

Dawn outfit is Celeste Sci Fi outfit by HunterD_aka_notbob

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A couple of images generated from StableDiffusion Python script AI installed locally in my PC, running in my GPU. The prompt was "German Shepperd with sunglasses". Each 512x512 batch of 6 images takes about 30 seconds to generate. A batch makes 3 images, so to make 6 variants, I have to run it twice. A batch takes 15s, so it's surprisingly fast. ^____^

However, it has some of the same issues as Dall-E, like hands with the wrong number of fingers, and sometimes, dogs with 8 legs... Spider Dog! :D

GermanSheperd1.png
GermanSheperd2.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
StableDiffusion AI Python script taking a shot on giant robots. We can create an infinite number of variations by simply changing the seed number. However, the AI can only conceive things that already exist in its training data. So if we ask for Mona Lisa playing beach volley, we still get her traditional painting. Image coherence is also vague, like the AI knows robots have arms, but it doesn't know they have to be connected to the torso. It knows hands have fingers, but doesn't know how many. Those are some of the trade-offs for having a GAN model that is small enough to fit in our home computer GPU. I am not complaining. ^^

GiantMechas.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have tweaked the parameters on StableDiffusion to reach 640x640 resolution, which seems to be the max size I can get with 24GB VRAM. I can generate 2 images per batch at that resolution, taking around 7 seconds per image, which is much faster than paid Dall-E 2 running on supercomputers. And as opposed to the paid sites, we have access to all parameters. Below are the ruins of a cyberpunk street on a rainy day:

00001.jpg

Same prompt, no rain:

00004.jpg

Same prompt with a different seed.

00005.jpg

This could be great for using as backgrounds in renders. ^____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think this opens whole new doors for Poser renders, because I can just ask the AI to create whatever place I need, and it makes dozens of variants out of a text description. I just run the Python script, and it creates backgrounds on the spot. I used to have collections of background images, but now maybe I don't need them anymore. Not to mention creating things out of text description is really FUN and exciting, because you never know what the AI will create until it does it. There is no limit for how many variants it can make of the same scene, so eventually we are going to find something that fits the bill.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I suppose it comes down to why you create renders Ken. I create renders because I enjoy the process of putting together the scene and having control over every aspect of it. I'm a control freak from way back. Typing text into a box and hoping it will come up with the image in your head that you're trying to create doesn't do it for me.

Sure you might come up with some usable images but it might not be the image you are looking for. I tend not to use backgrounds unless it's for a quick render these days.

For a serious render I use IBL images on the dome which also factor into the lighting when using Iray in renders. Can ai do IBL yet?

If not then it's not something I'm seriously going to use. Don't get me wrong I like some of the images ai is creating and it may give the person typing the text a nice image but it doesn't make them an artist. It's the make art button people used to joke about on the Daz Forums years ago.

That's my two cents for what it's worth...and you're welcome to disagree with it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I bought a number of items for 2.99 off my wishlist at daz this morning. So playing with a couple of them.
Green cave SYwear them all for Genesis 3. I used a k4 dress and converted it to genesis. Added a smoothing modifier and hey presto. Quick and easy.
Doesn't have v4 and m4 but has the millenium 3 figures
Playing with my new toyssml.jpg