• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I can empathize, as I've been suffering with chronic CTS most of my life, though back when my mother taught me to knit and crochet (ages 9 and 10), they didn't have a name for the condition. When I started taking piano lessons in high school, well that did me in altogether, and working on typewriters, and later computers, didn't help one bit.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
One disguises a phoenix as a cockatrice of course. Fawkes, at the Hogwarts New Year's Masquerade Ball.

14-Cockatrice.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I uploaded a few more of my kitbashed Starship Builds from my sci-fi project. I've had these ready for a while, but still needed to create the write ups for two of them. I have 2 more I need to make model sheets of and create write ups for and a few finished that once uploaded should bring me current. Then I can get back to finishing the variants and loadout options of the Kodiak A.P.E. and create it's counterparts. This batch of ships I guess represents the 2016-2018 era of work. though 2 are missing yet.

This particular build I am very proud of and is very detailed. Though technically it was finished in 2016, I have twice now revamped it's engine section, and am still not certain I am happy with it. Sadly I have not yet created it's ships emblem or markings though I intend to use Dawn as a classic Hula girl with a wreath of flowers (leaning to the Asiatic Lily). I give you the Monitor Class Flag Battleship.

Hornet3d

Wise
They both knew that this was going to be the most dangerous part of the mission, intercepting the Star Liner had been easy and so far the fight crew were following instructions but now they were about to drop down through the cloud. Clouds are nice white a fluffy on the outside but inside there was only darkness, which could mean that the liner might try to escape but that was unlikely, far more likely was the fact that, in such close formation the liner could wipe both of them out and hardly feel it.

Intercept HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Wow sure is quiet in here right now!

I guess I must be one of part of the reason it is quiet here as I would normally have posted more than the odd couple of renders that I have since Christmas. I am sure I will pick up the pace as the new year proceeds but for now I have been distracted trying to expand my knowledge by learning new skills. This time around it is card making that I have been playing with, here are my first attempts.

Cards HW.JPG

The decoupage is clearly commercially printed card stock but the whole process has got me wondering how I could use Poser to create some of my own decoupage, sci-fi cards maybe. The lettering is created using dies to cut from standard card and then adding colour by using a foil press while the boxes are made from normal card stock. Unfortunately the photos do not show the glitter on the lettering very well or the shiny texture of the base card.

It is quite a change from Poser although I guess decoupage is at least a form of 3D, as you can see these are early days for me and I need to improve my skills and, hopefully along the way, find out what works and what doesn't.

I also have a few large diamond paintings to do although none as large and the Cinderella type one I did last year, although at half the size they are not small. The main thing is I have plenty to stop me getting bored even if there is another lockdown which hopefully we will avoid.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I haven't posted anything in quite a while because I've been doing book covers for people and working on children's picture books. So I have one live as an ebook, and another 1/2 done, and waiting on the final proof of the paperback of the first one. They are little counting books. But, I had a lot of fun doing the images and making up the doggeral rhymes. I'm using a pen name so that the kid's books don't get mixed in with more more adult books, when Amazon displays them. Redid all of hubby's book covers and all of mine so that they were updated to more modern standards.

So, here's the cover of the first ebook.

Fuzzy1-10-sm.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The next one I'm working on is shapes.
I'm having a horrid time finding a slide that looks kid-like, but is more straightlined to make a triangle from the side. Most are curved for the slide part, and the stairs are very angled. I was thinking a straight pole going down from the top, with the stairs angling out from there, and then a mostly straight slide, with maybe the ground making the 3rd "leg" of the triangle (A right triangle, not isosceles) or even a Piece of plastic or wood on the sides making a triangle. But since I'm not finding one anywhere, I may be reduced to trying to model one!

I've already kit-bashed myself a raft-rectangle, so the triangle slide is the only one holding me up. I have about 6 more images to do for it, I think, but I have the assets for those. So, for now I have abandoned the triangle, and will come back to it when everything is done.