• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Carey

Extraordinary
image.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have backed off the camera on that last Bender render I had previously posted to show how I have strategically used the Scatter Tool P12's new ability of painting scattering areas straight on the surface. I have planted trees and bushes only in the small area the camera could see over my morphing terrain, so to keep objects to only the minimum necessary for the scene. I have also added a small height randomness to the trees, so they vary no only on size, but also in height, which is a new feature. As a reference, the camera was previously placed close to the ground, right in front of Bender, pointing towards the trees on his back.

Here we can have a better view of what the Scatter Tool P12 has done. There are around a 100 trees in there, made out of 1-poly billboards, so the whole grove is about a 100 polys, which is not enough to even slow the Poser preview. It's the equivalent of rendering about 2 locks of transmap hair, but it adds a lot detail and makes nice shadows on the ground. The billboard trees were made out of renders of high poly 3D trees like shown in my video tutorial, using a single image per tree. There are 4 tree types, which adds a nice variety.

Garden.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
I have backed off the camera on that last Bender render I had previously posted to show how I have strategically used the Scatter Tool P12's new ability of painting scattering areas straight on the surface. I have planted trees and bushes only in the small area the camera could see over my morphing terrain, so to keep objects to only the minimum necessary for the scene. I have also added a small height randomness to the trees, so they vary no only on size, but also in height, which is a new feature. As a reference, the camera was previously placed close to the ground, right in front of Bender, pointing towards the trees on his back.

Here we can have a better view of what the Scatter Tool P12 has done. There are around a 100 trees in there, made out of 1-poly billboards, so the whole grove is about a 100 polys, which is not enough to even slow the Poser preview. It's the equivalent of rendering about 2 locks of transmap hair, but it adds a lot detail and makes nice shadows on the ground. The billboard trees were made out of renders of high poly 3D trees like shown in my video tutorial, using a single image per tree. There are 4 tree types, which adds a nice variety.

I have yet to even try it

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It was up to Lucius to arrange a bachelor party. Given that not only Severus's, but also Charity's male relatives were to be invited, *as well as* Severus's co-workers on the teaching staff from Hogwarts, *and* Nicholas Flamel, the planning was a bit fraught. A posh dinner at Summerisle was arranged, with dancing Veela for entertainment

Sirius Black -- who had charmed his way out of St Mungo's by that time -- was NOT invited.

Things did not go as planned. It was embarasing enough that Severus's prospective brother-in-law did not respond well to the Veela, but the whole occasion deteriorated when a large black dog burst into the room causing havoc. Lucius's proposed posh dinner descended into a brawl.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you! Getting close to the end of Volume 3 now.
(Not that I don't have other projects with illos.)

I have access to a lot wider range of content to build things from, too, these days.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
nope.. autumn starts tomorrow

Last day of summer today :shineon:

and talk pigeons :flower02:

It was up to Lucius to arrange a bachelor party. Given that not only Severus's, but also Charity's male relatives were to be invited, *as well as* Severus's co-workers on the teaching staff from Hogwarts, *and* Nicholas Flamel, the planning was a bit fraught. A posh dinner at Summerisle was arranged, with dancing Veela for entertainment

Sirius Black -- who had charmed his way out of St Mungo's by that time -- was NOT invited.

Things did not go as planned. It was embarasing enough that Severus's prospective brother-in-law did not respond well to the Veela, but the whole occasion deteriorated when a large black dog burst into the room causing havoc. Lucius's proposed posh dinner descended into a brawl.

In 2011,
View attachment 67661

And in 2020.
View attachment 67662
Stick a fork in it?

I used to have a friend that often said "stick a fork in it it's done."

Carey

Extraordinary
After meeting the Princes, the next thing on the agenda was for Snape to meet the Burbages, who had portkeyed from New Zealand for the wedding.

Indeed, wedding preparations seem to have taken over all of their lives by this point.

Charity's sister Hope's baby Fiona seems not to have taken with her prospective uncle. The feeling was mutual.

Hope didn't make a good impression, either.

This is a new illustration with no 2011 counterpart.
View attachment 67582
Your work is absolutely delightful as are you characters

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree Carey. I've been a fan of JOdel's Harry Potter related illos from the beginning.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, both lights look nice, but I think for this, I like the cool (left) lighting better. It just goes with the scene somehow.

What I want to know is . . . who's smoking the cigar? :whistling:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Hmmmm, both lights look nice, but I think for this, I like the cool (left) lighting better. It just goes with the scene somehow.

What I want to know is . . . who's smoking the cigar? :whistling:
I would guess Naomi. While not seemingly common for women to smoke cigars, it does happen.

Carey

Extraordinary
I agree Carey. I've been a fan of JOdel's Harry Potter related illos from the beginning.
So, I'm a little slow...lol No really i'm hit or miss, in other words I don't always hit it out of the park so to say...JOdel on the other hand makes it at least to third every time at bat, where I depend a lot on the ground ball just to get on base...lol

Carey

Extraordinary
I don't know Carey. I've seen you do some really nice artwork.
I had to check the rule book, but it appears that I am actually allowed to admire other artists by picking on myself a bit...lol It also appears to be a rule that when you compliment some one you are free to suspend certain other rules while showing adoration...We have a great bunch of artists here, I would be hard pressed to point out the best. You have to be able to see a render from start to finish..I want to both reward and encourage such vision

but thanks Aunt B....

Hornet3d

Wise
I think we have some very talented artists here and some of them are not what I would call main theme as they tend to cover different aspects of 3d art, JOdel is clearly one of them with specific but quite brilliant renders. I think that alone would make the HiveWire3D forums stand out from the crowd but added to that there is such a great community atmosphere where people comment, advise and encourage but most of all they get along. Where else could you have DS users praising Poser renders and vice versa and also have adult conversations on pros and cons of both. All this makes HiveWire3D a special place and something the HiveWire3D team should be proud of.