• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'd say that one of the other better aspects of the Hivewire forums is the scarcity of trolls. There are helpful members of most forums. but some of the older/bigger ones also have a number of people who seem to be looking for a fight.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The wedding was in June, and it went off with only one major hitch. Which, was, of course, provided by the Weasley twins.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The Snapes did not take an extended honeymoon. Just a long weekend. That was enough time, however, for Harry to discover the concealed runic curse engraved into the threshold of the DADA classroom. It was generally concluded that the runes had been concealed from everyone's sight but Tom Riddle's.

That the scar on Harry's forehead was the last of Tom's Horcruxes was a matter of considerable concern, but with Harry's physical condition improved over the year he'd been under the care of Snape and his potions regimen, and adults who had been watching out for him. Once the term broke up, and over Albus's mild objections, Grand Master Flamel and Professor Snape, with Madam Pomfrey's help, designed a procedure to deal with it.

Unbeknownst to the persons involved, while Harry was undergoing the procedure, in a room beneath the Hospital Wing, nine witches, with a mysterious book, performed a ritual, hedging their bets.

All of which was successful.
In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Recovered another file from my deceased workstation's hard drive; at first I thought the Silo .sib file was corrupted because it took a while to open, but it was only because it had so many elements of the Lothlorien environment set. I probably should make separate sections, each some area of interest, so that folks with modest computers can use it.

This caught my eye: the waterfall with a gazebo atop it. I never liked the stone cliff; it looks too blocky, so that will get re-worked. I don't like the glass dome atop the gazebo, either, so that will be replaced. The water ripples where the waterfall hits the pool below are missing, but I can re-do that. This area would be an example of a section of Lothlorien which would be manageable for most computers. The grey area at the top of the screenshot will be a treeline billboard.

The water will be automagically animated, if you want to use it as a setting for an animated scene.

gazebo waterfall in Silo.png

Hornet3d

Wise
There a hole it your bucket dear lysya dear lysya my dear...Put a straw in that bucket dear lysya dear lysya wonder how many remember that folk song?

WOW, I remember that song, a good few generations ago I sang that in a school play, it was the only role I ever got so I was type cast as the village idiot for the rest of my life.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Working on trying to get the water to look consistent regardless of whether the camera has the light behind it or is looking toward the light has been tough. Note: The "sparklies" are due to the anisotropic node, not render grain. I'll work on that, but I don't know if I can improve it. :oops:

grey ship 3-16b C.jpg

grey ship water test 3-16 T.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Later that summer, in Massachusetts, a new student at Arkham, by the name of Merlin Gaunt, checks into the best wizarding hotel in town for a short period to familiarize himself with the area before the term commences. A local co-ed of excellent family (the Proctors, you know, although not one of the rich ones) helps him to pass the time with a chat regarding the grand adventure of his mysterious background.

He decides to cultivate the acquaintance for the sake of both her knowledge of local affairs, as well as her family connections.

He also makes a note to himself to never lose his British accent.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

Riccardo

Adventurous
There a hole it your bucket dear lysya dear lysya my dear...Put a straw in that bucket dear lysya dear lysya wonder how many remember that folk song?
My parents had an audio tape with Harry Belafonte performing this song together with a female singer; I'm not sure who she was, even though looking around the Internet he mostly sang it with Odetta Holmes

Hornet3d

Wise
The other one I remember that had the idea of the loop was The Gas Man Cometh : A ballad of unending domestic upheaval (it all makes work for the working man to do) by Flanders and Swan. This was in 1956 but listening to their ballads today it is quite surprising how many have some resonance in 2021.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The Gasman Coneth had plenty of resonance for me last year. The water heater went out.

So, okay I needed a new water heater. The handyman took a look at the area and the fact that for some indiscernible 1930 reason, the water heater stood on top of a platform some foot and a half high. And said that should probably come out.

Since he was talking about 90-year-old wood, I figured he was probably right.

In any case it all parlayed into tearing out a part of the wall to replace one of the intake pipes, and concluded with the discovery that the back staircase (that they'd taken the dead water heater down) was no longer attached to the building.

Hornet3d

Wise
The Gasman Coneth had plenty of resonance for me last year. The water heater went out.

So, okay I needed a new water heater. The handyman took a look at the area and the fact that for some indiscernible 1930 reason, the water heater stood on top of a platform some foot and a half high. And said that should probably come out.

Since he was talking about 90-year-old wood, I figured he was probably right.

In any case it all parlayed into tearing out a part of the wall to replace one of the intake pipes, and concluded with the discovery that the back staircase (that they'd taken the dead water heater down) was no longer attached to the building.

That is some saga, hopefully all sorted and behind you now.