• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, it's mainly been simple stuff like trying to get the materials into something I liked, and yet worked together with the original textures. I liked *parts* of the original textures. Then I had to patch the holes where the base model has a couple of niches in awkward places, and raising the floor so the window seat is at the level of a chair, giving it a new ceiling, and things like that.

I finally even separated the middle part of the side walls out into separate matt zones so I can turn them off and get a camera directly across from the desk on either side. Incrementalism is a thing...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey, whatever works is my motto. You did a good job on this, but then I've always liked your Harry Potter renders, especially those old Taro Cards you did . . . those were really nice.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Using BB's "tricky glass" nodework for the wine, Superfly got the colored caustics, even in a dimly-lit night scene!
yes_nod.gif

This reduced and brightened image has two areas highlighted; the flet floor area under the green glass tabletop, and the neckline area on Sydni's shawl top; look at those ares in the full renders.
have a seat have a sip - color caustics highlighted.jpg

have a seat have a sip - G  23May2018.jpg have a seat have a sip - closeup.jpg flet cafe' table still life.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
*sigh*
Evidently the universe was trying to tell me something when it disappeared my post. I'd got the illos out of order. I skipped one.

This one had originally been a chapter tail decoration, but we made a change in typeface and the layout shifted to the point that it became a full-pager.

Okay, the crew of Knight Boat #6 managed to subdue the hijackers, and the traders (whose stock was mostly made up of illicit goods), knock them out, take their wands and lock them in the trader's cages. Snape suggested that it might be a good idea if he modified their memories to boot.

Captain Clark agreed to this. He and the rest of the crew know who Snape used to be. They may be Americans, but they read the papers. Plus, he'd just as soon that his ship not be mentioned in any of their testimonies either. That way lies paperwork.

So the only thing left is to notify the authorities and take their leave. Snape sends up the Dark Mark, since that ought to bring the Aurors running, and they head for open sea.
DarkMark.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Setup & rendered in Carrara.. post in PSE2018
after long periods of no rain Jack Rabbit will venture out and do the rain dance for the Unicorn Brumby to excite the rain gods and have them cry with laughter ... and to hopefully end the drought.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
cat woman.jpg

This one started out as something completely different. Then I added the second skin and the belt. I decided I needed ears and a mask. The mask is also second skin. Then I played with the morph brush to make it look more like a real suit instead of just a texture on her figure. I spent a lot of time with her breasts to achieve that.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Roxie as Raven.jpg

This is what I started with. This one was actually done before the cat woman render. The cape was made for Miki 4, in those renders I posted with A4 and Miki 4 awhile back. While it's not exactly the correct costume for Raven, I still like it.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've been trying to break loose from a crazy busy offline life, and a massive art block. Figured I'd go back to one of the art groups I'm in and sift through their challenges for some inspiration...

There is a TON of postwork on this for frame, signature, light and gamma correction, and DOF. It took both GIMP and PS to get it looking the way I was happy with.

Art prompts for the month of May - Prompt #14 - Art Tools
Squeaking in at the tail end of the monthly deadline! :roflmao:

Seamus-Art-Tools.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So what. Most of my renders are FireFly, unless I'm planning an outdoor scene using HDRi.