• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Very nice Hornet. I especially like the background/DoF. It sets off the suit beautifully.

Thank you, I think the background works well here, it is all part of my drive to use little gems that have been in my runtime for ages but never used. This particular background is from a collection called TechnoMotion from Designfera that I purchased many years ago. The DOF effect is part of the background so it gives the effect without the time penalty of having it applied in Poser.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary

Wow, she looks so real!

Nod

Adventurous
is everyone Getting ready for the new series of Lost In Space on Netflix tomorrow?

so I modeled the shell of the original J2 today.

Also I'll post the chariot and pod which I also modeled a few weeeks ago... all modeled & rendered in Carrara :geek:

'Danger Will Robinson'

Lovely.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think he did a superman too :) (the hair on her right near the part bothers me a little, the rest is awesome!)
I always like his renders. I'm not sure it's the hair that's the problem. To me it looks like it either doesn't fit her properly, OR the shadows are just too dark at that portion of the render. I'm not sure which hair that is, though it looks familiar, and it's possible it's supposed to have dark roots, but that looks like shadows are contributing to some of the darkness around her hairline.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's possible Rokket, but I would think most of the external render engines can be adjusted while rendering so that shadows aren't that noticeable, especially around hair.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That's possible Rokket, but I would think most of the external render engines can be adjusted while rendering so that shadows aren't that noticeable, especially around hair.
True that. It's the one aspect of that render that takes away from the image. Hair, especially blonde hair, would be much less opaque and there wouldn't be those shadows. And you'd see more scalp.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am working on some stuff, but like I posted in the muse thread, I think mine ran off with the neighbor boy. I haven't really come up with anything new, just trying out old ideas on different figures...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Meanwhile, Snape is trying to disable as many of the DEs as possible without getting killed by them. He ducked when Yaxley tried to hex him from behind with his own Sectumsempra spell, and the spell got Doholov instead.

Yaxley dodged back the other way and ran into the crew. Doholov (bleeding rather heavily) dodged back into the barn and got attacked by pixies, slipped in the fluid from a broken jar which had held a collection of severed hands and fell. The hands attacked him too.

Snape stunned Rowle (who was getting ready to hex the crew from a window), stunned Doholov, managed to round up the hands and confine them to a cauldron, with a heavy lid.

He missed one.

Fawkes can't understand why other phoenixes don't adopt wizards. They can be *so* entertaining!

Hand.jpg