• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Miss B, with regards to terrains in Poser, don't forget that included with Poser (from at least Poser 7) is a cut down version of Microcosm (Figures->Places) with a few morphs (Pose->Places) so you can have a terrain in Poser.

This is a quick screencap just to show the microcosm and morphs in PoserPro 2012.
Yes Raven, in fact I'm pretty sure I bought that at RDNA a long time ago. I was just thinking in terms of creating a terrain in Poser, or importing from another app other than a modeler. I don't really consider Bryce a modeling app, even though you "are" creating the terrains, so to speak, each one different than the last.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
you can create terrains in Carrara and export them.... never tried importing it in Poser but it should work I'm guessing

meebbeee

:barefoot:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just did a very basic quickie...

created a terrain in Carrara .. converted it and exported as an obj and imported into Poser.... no shaders or anything but it is a simple process..

upload_2018-4-28_10-22-26.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
just did a very basic quickie...
created a terrain in Carrara .. converted it and exported as an obj and imported into Poser.... no shaders or anything but it is a simple process..

Simple things like this can be done in Poser itself with the morphing Tool. I suppose they are referring to more complex and hi-res landscapes with mountains and valleys. Vue and Bryce are specialized on that, and have dedicated tools for controlling terrain erosion, and automatic texture generation that matches the specific parts of the landscape. It's simple to create terrains in Bryce, but it appears to be difficult to get them out to Poser. I know Vue can export to OBJ and other formats, though.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Hmm, I should've bought the volcano add-on for Microcosm when I had the chance...
Morphing terrains will show UV distortion., and the chance that any morph -or group of morphs- can be dialed to just the shape you want is unlikely.

Anyway, Fuji is modeled up, along with an optional snowcap overlay. What remains is uv-unwrapping the meshes, then working up materials for them.
I don't claim that it is topographically precise, but you'll recognize it as Fuji. As a background prop, it will do fine.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Morphing terrains will show UV distortion., and the chance that any morph -or group of morphs- can be dialed to just the shape you want is unlikely.

Anyway, Fuji is modeled up, along with an optional snowcap overlay. What remains is uv-unwrapping the meshes, then working up materials for them.
I don't claim that it is topographically precise, but you'll recognize it as Fuji. As a background prop, it will do fine.
You are amazing! After the rough day I had, it is welcome news. I know it's early but thanks! Just thanks, man!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Bryce can export terrains, at least, in a format which Poser can import. I have used it a few times when using an elevation map of a location as the terrain map in Bryce, which I then exported either as an OBJ or 3DS file for use in Poser. It has been probably two years since I last did it, but it is at least possible. I never bought the export module for VUE, otherwise I would have imported the elevation map into VUE for export as an OBJ file.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Initial materials render test, with mesh at base resolution (no subdivision).
Ignore the foreground terrain prop - it's just a "filler". Snowcap is optional.
View attachment 37286
Sweet! It has the just the right shape for Mount Fuji! It will be unmistakable. You say no subdivision. It is my understanding that subdivision normally improves details. I know the snow cap is optional but it gives the right Fuji look.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
With cloud and surrounding terrain extension - but bear in mind that it is only intended for use as a background prop, as with the pic @quietrob showed. Fuji is sitting in the P11 construct, with water for the construct "ground" to represent one of the lakes. Second pic is a Silo raw mesh screenshot.
Fuji test 02.jpg Fuji mesh.jpg

I'll get the geometries extracted from the PP2, and get it zip-packed.