• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

seachnasaigh

Energetic
The lightcasting streetlights from my Tink's Cafe' neighborhood are too contemporary for a Victorian era project, so I've made another. I intended it for Superfly, but I gave it Firefly emitters and dual root materials for P9+. The gas flame is automatically animated. The prop will load with a Poser point light parented inside the housing.
streetlight 18 - test 03.jpg streetlight 18 - test 01.jpg
The sign arms are separate parented props, so you can use one, or two, or delete them. Origin is at lamppost center, so you can rotate the sign arms to face whatever direction is needed. The atmospheric effect "beams" of light are actually props, and are much easier to adjust for density and much quicker to render than Poser's atmosphere feature.

I'll cogitate on a readme, then pack it up, if anyone needs a gas streetlight. :D

seachnasaigh

Energetic
@seachnasaigh ooo it's the lamp post on the other side of the wardrobe!
This will be very handy when we get the lion
That was exactly what I had in mind! ;) But I figured other folks would find generic uses for it.

I also have the wardrobe

the lamppost

The "beam of light" effect is a parented prop; you can adjust the visibility by changing the divisor (value 2) number which is currently set to 1000. Smaller values will be more visible.

The street name signs are separate parented props; you rotate them to face any direction, you can hide them (click the "eye" icon in the hierarchy panel), or delete them.

If you want to render in P9+ Firefly, re-tick the visibility "eye" icons for the emitters, and render with IDL engaged. In versions earlier than P9, you'll need to rely on the parented point light.

The flame -and flame emitter- materials are automatically animated. If you see the flame render white, look in the material's movie node and check the gamma setting. It should be set to use the scene gamma settings (2.2)

If you want to set the streetlight OFF for daytime shots, un-tick the visibility for the glass emitter, flame emitter, flame, aura, and lantern beam. You'll also need to turn the parented point light OFF and apply the daytime (OFF) material MT5 to the glassplates. The MT5 will be in runtime\libraries\materials\tech.

Within the streetlight 18 readme folder, there are screengrabs of how to set the visibilities in the hierarchy panel, Firefly and Superfly render settings, and templates for the street name sign and the deco panels of the light housing.

copyright seachnasaigh 2018
Free for both personal and commercial renders; do not redistribute

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@seachnasaigh I love that the carvings on the wardrobe are evocative of some of the important folks and happenings from the first book, Strawberry the first flying horse, the tree Diggorie *sp?) plants to guard against the witch, the Cabbies wife with her wash board and of course Aslan him self

Hornet3d

Wise
Having no luck in the search for anyone in the booking office Caoimhe moved outside where she had better luck, of sorts. The vision troubled her but not in the way most would imagine, it was not the first apparition she had seen by any means but in all other cases she could sense as well as see it. This one appeared wrong, sort of lifeless, inwardly she smiled at her unintended pun.

View attachment A haunting HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It looks like everyone's having a problem posting images on the forums today. I saw one earlier posted by Chris that also had a link like yours Hornet. Hmmmmm, wonder what that's all about.

In any case, nice render. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
It looks like everyone's having a problem posting images on the forums today. I saw one earlier posted by Chris that also had a link like yours Hornet. Hmmmmm, wonder what that's all about.

In any case, nice render. :)

I tried twice and with a different render that loaded OK in the past but I was unable to show the image, only link it.

Thanks for the comment.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Hmm... trying a test. I'll need to edit.

View attachment 7308vs.jpg

The edit:

Comment on the edit: 'Upload File' while writing a post no longer seems to offer the option to insert (either as a thumbnail or as a full image), but if you upload the image then copy its address then the Image option on the post toolbar lets you use the address to display the image within the post (although that will display full size).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That might do it Stezza, as a lot of folks upload their images to their Gallery albums, and then link to them here in the forum. However, I don't think Chris does that with the renders he uploads here in the forums, and his was the first post I saw this oddity in, so not sure if it's "just" a Gallery update issue.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I tried to upload an emoticon in a PM (using the upload a file button) and it just showed a file link but not the emoticon image unless you clicked on it.