• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Models have improved. No doubt about it. Yet some remain timeless. The models used here are timeless and perfect. It's the perfect setting for christmas eve. The lighting is especially impressive. It's not too dark and seems to be lit by the warm light sources at hand.

Ahem. Where is the eggnog? :)

Yeah. The Study is one of the scenes that I've used most often for my scenes. Of course the fact that it has three additional texture sets helps. (Even though they are all low-res by today's standards.) I've also chopped it up and used the pieces to build other sets, as well.

That's a lovely one, though.

Thank you for the comments it is nice to still be able to use something I purchased so long ago but hopefully it shows that it is not only V4 clothing that still has a life. Even today there is little around similar to this, although I guess anything like this will only sell for a few weeks each year. Despite it's age something like this can still benefit from some of the advantages of the new software, in this case the lighting is set to 'inverse square' which I doubt was around when it was created and the materials can be tweaked although here they from the box. As I purchased it in 2004 I am hoping I have improved my skill as well but it was fun to use anyway.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
My 'Sunday in the Staff Room' image was built from it. Disassembled, and reconfigured, and using RawArt's Castle Study texture set (no longer available). I also have used pieces of it for my Headmaster's office, combined with Stonemason's positively ancient Castle Interior set.

I haven't actually posted the Headmaster's office anywhere, unless I uploaded it here, yonks ago (possibly before the site was hacked) but the staff room is here:
Red Hen Publications — Publications:

I enjoy kitbashing.

Hornet3d

Wise
My 'Sunday in the Staff Room' image was built from it. Disassembled, and reconfigured, and using RawArt's Castle Study texture set (no longer available). I also have used pieces of it for my Headmaster's office, combined with Stonemason's positively ancient Castle Interior set.

I haven't actually posted the Headmaster's office anywhere, unless I uploaded it here, yonks ago (possibly before the site was hacked) but the staff room is here:
Red Hen Publications — Publications:

I enjoy kitbashing.

I too love kit bashing but normally my bashing relates to outfits although it has stretched to the odd spacecraft. I have never done anything on the of the staff room which is quite breathtakingly. I doubt I could have identified the origin if I had not been told beforehand. This is a fantastic scene and is kit bashing supreme.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you! It took me a couple of years to find the geometry editor, and a bit longer to figure out that you could get rid of unwanted geometry rather than just hide it. But once you've got things taken to pieces, you can put the pieces back together how you want them. Admittedly, I suspect some of my kitbashes were probably more effort than they were worth, but the practice is always useful.

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 33412
View attachment 33413
So I darkened everything. I took out most of those lines because they weren't matching up and looked ridiculous. I think I need to redo the UV mapping on the gloves. I am not too happy with them.
I agree you can do without the extra white lines. The remaining lines make up the logo and look correct. I think you should do something with her neck area. It shouldn't be exposed. Spiderchick (yes I said Spiderchick) isn't invulnverable but more than that, it gives away clues to her secret identity. Unless you are heroes who are visiting from another planet or a hero full time like the Martian Manhunter (who can shapeshift and apparenly change his skin pigment) or a hero for hire, that has to paramount. Otherwise villians can get back at you by hurting those you love. PLOTHOLE in the Man of Steel. Zod attacked Martha Kent thinking she knew where Kal hid the codex. Yet there is no way they could've known that of all of the farms in Kansas, that one had a spaceship. Still, it proves my point that she needs a full costume to protect her identity and her neck area from explosions.

I would also go with the darker colors. I think the reason so many primary colors were used in early costume design was because of the printers and their lack of ability to print variations on a color. Matter Eater Lad was Green and Yellow. The Flash was Red with splashes of Yellow. The Early Cosmic Boy and Element Lad must've driven the printers crazy with his hot pink outfit. I might've stated before that the mesh look is better than solid or latex.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Actually, in Man of Steel they found the Kent farm because of the space ship that brought him to Earth.

But I do see the point. But I was also toying with the idea of either a small mask a la Green Lantern, or no mask at all. She'd be a full time superhero, I guess. But it's only a thing I was doing because I am bored. I initially made this suit for Jessie Quick, if you remember. Take a close look, you'll see it. The belt...

I am still trying to get Wings to behave right on my Windows 10 machine, so I haven't been modeling much. Practicing with Poser 11 Superfly materials just made sense.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Zod asked Martha about the Codex. Martha wouldn't squeal so Faora, started choking Martha Kent while asking again about the location of the codex which they assumed was in the ship. Martha's eyes moved to the barn. Then so did the Kryptonians. They invaded the barn where Johnathan Kent hid the ship, found the codex wasn't there and were going to kill her when her baby boy came back and whupped everyone. If they knew the location of the ship they wouldn't have bothered giving Martha a choke hold. They would've went straight to the ship. Soooo PLOT HOLE!

I do remember the Jesse Quick suit. It was the best! This suit is pretty good though thanks for agreeing seeing my point. Realistically, a small mask is like the movie Green Lantern. Where Hal goes who am I and his girlfriend looks at him and says something about him being Hal in a mask. One can take this farther in that Tuxedo Mask (Darian) wasn't recognized by Sarina (American name. In Japan, Sailor's Moon was Usagi). Or the Ultimate wink, in which Clark isn't recognized by Lois because he wears glasses and combs his hair differently. In the 40's, Clark combed his hair like Henry Cavill and that era's Superman.

Batman always had the right idea. Black Canary and Wonder Woman never wore a mask but depended upon the change of clothing and not as much notoriety (I assume). Either that or it could be the Hollywood syndrome. Back in the day, Sweetheart and I would cruise Los Angeles. We would see some celebrity but they weren't being mobbed because in Hollywood, you can't throw a starlet without hitting another movie star. I guess it all falls to the idea of Plausible deniability. Change her hair and add ANY mask and technically you're good.

WheresThatCarravan.jpg

Rodun: Where's that Carravan? How long are we supposed to wait?
Reddun: I dunno Rode. Be patient. It'll be here soon.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Zod asked Martha about the Codex. Martha wouldn't squeal so Faora, started choking Martha Kent while asking again about the location of the codex which they assumed was in the ship. Martha's eyes moved to the barn. Then so did the Kryptonians. They invaded the barn where Johnathan Kent hid the ship, found the codex wasn't there and were going to kill her when her baby boy came back and whupped everyone. If they knew the location of the ship they wouldn't have bothered giving Martha a choke hold. They would've went straight to the ship. Soooo PLOT HOLE!

I do remember the Jesse Quick suit. It was the best! This suit is pretty good though thanks for agreeing seeing my point. Realistically, a small mask is like the movie Green Lantern. Where Hal goes who am I and his girlfriend looks at him and says something about him being Hal in a mask. One can take this farther in that Tuxedo Mask (Darian) wasn't recognized by Sarina (American name. In Japan, Sailor's Moon was Usagi). Or the Ultimate wink, in which Clark isn't recognized by Lois because he wears glasses and combs his hair differently. In the 40's, Clark combed his hair like Henry Cavill and that era's Superman.

Batman always had the right idea. Black Canary and Wonder Woman never wore a mask but depended upon the change of clothing and not as much notoriety (I assume). Either that or it could be the Hollywood syndrome. Back in the day, Sweetheart and I would cruise Los Angeles. We would see some celebrity but they weren't being mobbed because in Hollywood, you can't throw a starlet without hitting another movie star. I guess it all falls to the idea of Plausible deniability. Change her hair and add ANY mask and technically you're good.
Yeah, they knew the area where the ship was located, but not it's exact location. Anyhow, it is a plot hole, and there were a lot of them in that movie. I am going to finally see Justice League tonight. I hope I am not disappointed. There seems to be a lot of negative criticism.

Barbara Gordon wore a wig under her cowl. So not only did she cover her face, she disguised her hair. Maybe my Spider Chick will do something similar.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Yeah, they knew the area where the ship was located, but not it's exact location. Anyhow, it is a plot hole, and there were a lot of them in that movie. I am going to finally see Justice League tonight. I hope I am not disappointed. There seems to be a lot of negative criticism.

Barbara Gordon wore a wig under her cowl. So not only did she cover her face, she disguised her hair. Maybe my Spider Chick will do something similar.
The only place where identities are almost always revealed is in the movies. Supergirl originally wore a wig OVER her blonde locks so wigs are always a way to go if your identity is important to you. Of course she stayed in an orphanage and dug a secret tunnel once she was adopted. Even her parents didn't know who she was. I miss those old silver age comics but we've come a long way in art, story and writing since then. Any names for your hero, yet?

Rokket

Dances with Bees
No, nothing yet. I don't know how far I am going to develop her. I may use her in some renders, but I haven't even thought of a back story yet...