• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to save a size morph

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I need to save a size/scale morph in both Poser and DS. Basically, Harry at 80%. It's for a product, so I only want it to save the size, right?

I can't figure out what to save it as. Everything I've tried seems to put ALL of Harry's info in the file. Is that what is supposed to happen? I had thought that character preset was the way, or save as a Morph Asset, but?

I'm either making this too hard, or not hard enough.
Thanks for advice.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
to redistribute?
I just save the character with adjustments as a final fix character in my library and call it up whenever I need it. For redistribution is anther matter one of which I have no clew of! :(

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This from a friend in DAZ Studio Addicts Facebook group. If you want to join, just make sure you answer the questions! They are very helpful. Several other folks from HiveWire Forums hang out there on occasion, too. Here is the answer. (This is for DS)

"If you want to save the scale, and ONLY the scale, you would actually save it as a Pose Preset. You can be selective about which parts of the preset to save by expanding the list, unticking everything, and then ticking only the parts you want to save (in this case, the scale).

Just to clarify, untick the Hivewire Horse in the save box (this should untick everything). Then expand the list using the white triangles/arrows as in the image. Only put a tick in the "Scale" box. White ticks should appear in the relevant boxes higher up in the hierarchy. This doesn't save the whole pose, just the parts that are ticked. So if you created a new horse figure, posed it, textured it, etc, and then applied this saved preset, the only thing that would change would be the scale. Everything else would be untouched."

D

Deleted member 325

ok, I was thinking for individual body morphs - in Poser, there is a tickbox in the save option for "Include Body Translations" which will save the movement, rotation, and scaling of the figure, though I do not believe you can select/deselect among those. If you only wanted those saved, you would deselect everything except the body, and then may have to manual remove Translation and Rotation.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Thank you! I'm actually in that group! It seems that mostly it is a show-off thread. But I do see helpful hints sometimes. There are a few DS groups and Poser groups. I am a member in several.

Dana