• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to add morphs to clothes without infringement?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So as I'm putting together my conforming clothing set I have a question on morphs for clothing so that they match the figure. With my free robe I did a morph for axel, but that was all done with manual adjustments so I didn't worry about it, and just used the Axel morph as a guide.

However if I want to add a morph for say Rodrigo what do I need to do? If I copy the morph over in Poser it works just fine, but would creating the morph that way infringe on CWRW's product? I asked because I've seen lots of things on conforming clothing where it tells you to make sure you clear out the morphs.

Thanks

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Because Clothing is an add on product for Base figures and morphs. You ARE ALLOWED to have support morphs in your clothing. So if you want your clothing to fit a certain character, like Rodrigo, you can put a morph shape in the clothing to fit him. It is not the entire shape or the same mesh, AND it is an add-on for the original product, so this is allowed.

You CAN add the morph using the Poser copy morph function, DS Transfer Utitlity, or manually model the shape to fit.

Hope that clears things up for you. Happy creating!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Because Clothing is an add on product for Base figures and morphs. You ARE ALLOWED to have support morphs in your clothing. So if you want your clothing to fit a certain character, like Rodrigo, you can put a morph shape in the clothing to fit him. It is not the entire shape or the same mesh, AND it is an add-on for the original product, so this is allowed.

You CAN add the morph using the Poser copy morph function, DS Transfer Utitlity, or manually model the shape to fit.

Hope that clears things up for you. Happy creating!

Thanks, that's exactly what I was wondering. I knew people often added morphs to the clothing, I just wanted to make sure I was doing it in the right way.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There is a pretty good chance you will have to edit the imported morphs anyway if they pokethru after applied, so there will be some work from your part anyway. ^^