• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
And a few screen grabs of Thistle the fawn.

ZMorphBarbie1.JPG
ZMorphBarbie2.JPG
ZMorphBarbie3.JPG
ZMorphBarbie8.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh... so how about this stuff? This is work from Paul/CGCubed showing his work on actually going into the mane and posing each sheet of mane geometry (that again, is available for all to do, it just takes patience to pose them). Sweet looking stuff can be done with the mane. Try posing the mane from the Horse group, then go into the mane and nuance to get a specific look.

CGCube.jpg
CGCubeTameYourMane07.jpg
CGCubeTameYourMane09.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It was Laurie. I forget if it was in an email to me or in a forum post. But she thought it looked like a "Harry". That's what I recall anyway. So... she called it Harry from then on.
I remember seeing Laurie post using Harry but that may have been after a pm conversation you both had. After that everyone just adopted it as his name...

OMG, I had absolutely no idea that could be done. I'm definitely going to play with those. Thanks for the heads-up! :)
Me too...

Love seeing all the morphs you have created Chris! You are so talented...

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL I started calling him Harry coz I was one of those kids who grew up on the old Warner Brothers "Loony Tunes" cartoons in the sixties and there was this one with a singing frog who sang "I'm Just Wild About Harry" -
(
- the song is at about 53 seconds in ) and I got that song stuck in my head... and started calling him Harry:) He had become so personal to me I couldn't just call him HW or the HW Horse anymore:)

I can't thank Chris and Paul enough for working so closely with me on Harry. It's always been a dream of mine to be a part of a team that made the best 3d horse model in the world.:) So fun to see the amazing process again!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I think I like that variant of a unicorn. It's closer to the original description.

They really aren't supposed to be equines. Whatever the original observer saw was not a horse. And the way they were described, they were composite beasts, i.e., monsters. Only the head was supposed to resemble a horse's. The body has been variously described as a deer or a goat, with, of course, a lion's tail. This variant with the head not *quite* fitting the body, gives it back some of that "composite" character.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow. I had no idea that you had built him off of Dawn's mesh! That's amazing, Chris. And he came out so well in the end! I definitely do use Harry as my go-to figure when I need a horse. I wish I could switch over to Dawn and Dusk that way, but I can't for storyline/character reasons.

But Harry... if there is a horse in any of my images - you can guarantee it's definitely Harry. :D

And YAY! Deer! I don't know if you have any intentions on doing this, but with the deer, going from deer to elk shouldn't be too hard? I would love, LOVE an updated elk model. I adore Lyne's elk, but it is old enough at this point that it has some severe limitations and I would snap up an elk like this in a heartbeat!

Great work on the cow and bull, too. I love seeing the progress shots like this... I can't follow all the in-between steps of course, as what you're doing is way above my skill level, but I still am amazed at how it progresses and the workflow that you do share with us. ^_^

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks Seliah.

Would love to model an Elk. Definitely part of my plans.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I am seriously looking forward to the deer, sheep, cow and elk if it comes to be. Love it all!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Amazingly beautiful work... and I love seeing the process! When are those deer coming out? They are just gorgeous, and Whisper- OMG- she will fly out of the store!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Working on Whisper and the Deer Family now- too early to show though- I will when they are a little further along though!

Laurie

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looks great Laurie!!! Wow, and only a day or so worth or effort. Very cool.

Been working on the deer tail tonight and will have the UVs and Obj to you by tomorrow for sure this time.