• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I too add my welcome Gilraen. Glad to see you jump in!

We're very glad you're enjoying our Harry. We've worked hard to make him a superior model right out of the gate. We maintain that our Dawn, Dusk and Baby Luna are solid models. Our hope is that our other figures and animals to come will be well received.

We do have quite a bit on our product plates for this year. Many animals will see the light of day, and characters and such. We'll do our best to get products set up for Iray and for Superfly as well. We just need to fit it in. Stay with us will ya?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well not very good, but not too bad for a first effort at trying to do Poser Hair Room for Harry:) Did this in about 3 hours and didn't mess with randomness yet. Still just used the regular transmapped mane and tail for now and didn't finish the far side legs. Definitely going to grab LAMH this week as that looks much more intuitive to use and has the ability to work over the entire figure instead of each body part like Poser. The head, lower jaw and ears are giving me fits in the Poser Hair Room.

Laurie

PoserHair8.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll say. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear . . . oh wait, Harry's a horse.

Never mind, I'm just being silly. :D

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Goodness, Laurie! I know this was just a test, but wow! Such a difference!

Thanks Seliah! It's a start. I am thinking I am going to really dig LAMH though:) I did notice the Poser Hair Room frankly hasn't changed all that much since I messed with it like 10 years ago. I really do hope Smith Micro gets it together and helps Allesandro and Kendall make LAMH work for Poser too. I am going to try the Fiber Mesh export deal for Poser and see how that works. I did see where they said it does work but isn't ideal.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'll say. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear . . . oh wait, Harry's a horse.

Never mind, I'm just being silly. :D

LOL Miss B! I am going to try to make him fuzzier- i started out with TOO long a hair so need to find a happy medium:) It's a bit short here.

Miss B

CV-BEE
LOL Miss B! I am going to try to make him fuzzier- i started out with TOO long a hair so need to find a happy medium:) It's a bit short here.
It was just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
LOL!! ya.... I was thinking he looks like one of those fuzzy horse statues one can buy in a souvenir shop... :)

I'm not a DS person, never will be... kinda don't care for it's hair room... to me the hair still needs "post" brushing to REALLY look like hair...

STILL there has to be a way to at least get hair when really needed... like on the Silverback gorilla's head and limbs... or med. to long hair DOGS.... TINY'S long hair cat REALLY works I must say... but I know it took her MONTHS and many tries to achieve....

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Very cool Laurie!

You got a lot further than I did when I attempted Poser hair on the Mil Dog ages ago.

I hope too that the Hair room gets some loving from Smith Micro one of these days.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
oh, it's lovely, Laurie !

TINY'S long hair cat REALLY works I must say... but I know it took her MONTHS and many tries to achieve....
Oh, yeah..that's the truth. I was a beta tester on that way back when and was having serious problems getting it to work with whatever version of Poser I was using at that time...

Haven't seen her for awhile - hope all's ok. She did sign up on the forums here but hasn't posted yet.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I know Tiny works VERY HARD and also deals with a lot in her personal life that takes a toll... she is SUCH a sweetie, I too hope she's ok.... she'll probably pop in and give us an update sometime...

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I know it's not up to your usual standards- but I love that fuzzy look! So perfect for winter renders...love how the coat is catching the light there too!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks! Still early days for sure and not even sure it will be workable but I did try that "flocked" look on Thistle for grins and there I am digging it!

Miss B

CV-BEE
You know, it makes me think of a toy horse, so I'm wondering how it would look on the Rocking Horse. ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
You know, it makes me think of a toy horse, so I'm wondering how it would look on the Rocking Horse. ;)

Def a thought though I was going more for the carved carnival horse type of look for the Rocking Horse.