• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do I save a Morph/Pose?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm trying to save a Morph or Pose for Harry, that make him 80% with the click of a button (injection?) Yes, I know people can set him to 80%, but is there a way to do the above?

Thank you!

English Bob

Adventurous
Here's a generic pose file to scale the body of any figure to 80%.

I don't know of a way to save a body scaling pose directly from Poser, but as always, I'd be happy to be set straight on that!

I used Netherworks' PoseWriter Panel to do this - it's possible it may be shipped with Poser, in which case have a look in your scripts menu. I've rearranged mine so I can't tell any more.

If you're comfortable editing Poser library files you can easily change the scale to some other value. Note that this will scale your figure 'in place', meaning it will be hovering in mid-air afterwards. A 'drop to floor' will generally fix that, but if you're really into hacking you could add a suitable y translation on the hip to place Harry's hooves back on the ground. Or just give him wings and make him into a Pegasus. :D

Attachments

• Scale Body 80%.zip
    262 bytes · Views: 263

Karina

What @English Bob said.

There are options to include scaling when saving a pose in both Poser's library and PoseWriterPanel (the latter I strongly recommend for creating pose injections).

I remember that the Poser library "save pose" sometimes had weird results when including scales in a pose save, and it also adds a lot of unnecessary overhead to a pose file saved with it, so I never use it.

Use PoseWriterPanel instead!

You can include/exclude scales with the ticking of a simple checkbox!
And it offers so much more features. In fact it's superior to the internal Poser library "save pose" function as much as a Ferrari is superior to an oxcart. :p
Read the (really good) manual that comes with it! (with PWP, not the oxcart!)

You can find both the interface and the manual in Poser's "Scripts" menu, ->"PoseWriterPanel" *1

HTH

Karina

I guarantee: once you've made yourself familiar with even the raw basics of PWP - you'll never look back!

Footnote *1:
You may have to look around in the dropdown lists to find it. I can't say because I've customized the whole menu up to the point that PWP is now accessible from the "Python Scripts" UI panel for faster access.
That should indicate how good this script really is...

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you, both! I will look into the NetherWorks, too.
And especially thank you, EnglishBob for the file. Can I include this in a product for sale? Or do I need to re-create this myself? I'll happily give you credit for it in the readme.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Now another one. I have the PFE exporter for DS. I'm wanting to export a pose that is already done in DS, so that I can use it in Poser. When I follow the instructions, it only does the head, I tried several variations in the instructions, but nothing changed. So, is there another tool that would do that instead? Or do I just need to re-create the pose in Poser? Thank you all for the help.

Karina

Hello Bonnie, thank you for the welcome.

Not sure what you mean by exporting a pose.
However, it writes a very lean .pz2 file without any unnecessary overhead, so the file should work on almost any human figure which follows the accepted naming scheme, e.g. BODY, hip, abdomen, etc.
It only contains the rotations (and optionally scaling and or translations).

I attached a pose file made for SASHA-16. You will probably have to adjust the arms and feet for other figures.
Pardon the file name, couldn't resist ;)
HTH
Karina

Attachments

• Bonnie Pose.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 239

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
hm... I have PWP in my scripts list but when I try to open it out of the pose window nothing happens. The guide opens fine.
Also... can PoseWrite Panel take care of limits? I have a pose which goes past set limits. When I apply the pose to a fresh figure, the limits are not ignored and have to be disabled by hand. under the figure menu limits are disabled. Is there a way to do that?....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi FreyrStrongart, out of curiosity, I just clicked the +PoseWriter Panel link in each of Poser's "rooms", and it opened a small floating dialog box in all but the Face room, as all scripts I have installed are greyed out in that room.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, question . . . have you updated to the recent 11.1.1.35510 version? I ask because I haven't done so yet. I like to wait and see if anyone's having issues with the updates. If you have, then it's something that should be reported to Smith Micro, because that's a script that comes with Poser, and not an add-on script installed separately.