• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Wolf Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I feel that this animal may deserve it's own thread rather than post on the Dog thread. This is a morph from the HiveWire Dog however. Which is of course the same shared mesh and UVs as the Big Cat, Cub, House Cat, Kitten, and Dragon.

I started this shape this afternoon, and have been working through this evening on it. I'm looking to create some of the fullness that the fur would show around the head and neck. So that this could still work without fur. But fur could still be added for a fuller appearance.

I plan on creating a pup to go along with this also.

So, again this is the beginning, and refining will still follow.

Wolf1.JPG
Wolf2.JPG
Wolf3.JPG
Wolf4.JPG
Wolf5.JPG
Wolf6.JPG
Wolf7.JPG

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Very nice. And a good idea to give it its own thread. Wolves are very popular in illustrations. People will want one. And definitely cubs. I don't think there really are any of those.

Actually, I suspect foxes would be welcome too, and there aren't a lot of dedicated fox models out there. Fox morphs for the MilCat and MilDog, I think, and 9MBi or whatever their name was had a rather nice one. But that was a while ago. AM did foxes, but his specialty is fur, not modeling.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is going to one more addition to the awesomeness that is HiveWire !

Lyne's creations had a bunch of foxes, but I'm not sure what she used for them - Poser dog, maybe?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking great, Chris! They say all existing dog races were created by men, starting from the wolf, and it took centuries to cross breed to create the different races and domesticate them. So in that sense, the wolf is the genetic grandfather of all dogs as we know them. I think the German Sheppard is the closest relative for it still retains many of the wolf features.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So excited (not that I'm not excited about the other animals). I've wanted a good wolf so many times.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, I agree, I think this will be a great animal to have in our forest of animal offerings.

Been working over the head and face more this morning. Every little bit helps it so far. Want to experiment on the neck fur volume and see if I can get some better looks. Perhaps some options anyway.

I also want to get in a good growl morph today if I can. We'll see.

Probably get back on the Mountain Lion morph for Kitty on Monday.

Wolf8.JPG
Wolf9.JPG
Wolf10.JPG
Wolf11.JPG
Wolf12.JPG

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks great Chris. My kinda beastie for sure. LOL. I'll bet Tiny will be one busy woman with all these fur critters in the works! lol If I could clone myself I'd be busy making LAMH settings but as it is... Too bad you can't talk to Alex as he's one of the creators of LAMH and see if he would be willing to make presets for the Gorilla and all the others. I'm sure he could use the cash and we would all benefit!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Great idea. But I don't think that will happen with AM now. But I do know there are others that want to take a shot at creating fur with the LAMH product for Studio.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
That's a great growl. That's more of a stand back or I'll attack growl. Warning warning Will Robinson!

I have to agree with JOdel about the Fox morph. I LOVE Foxes almost as much as Wolves so please add that to the morphs list Chris.

Enjoy your day! :)