• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Wolf Has Begun!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
it is your house chris and your rues. But, would still like to see at least the newborn puppy for the dog. Big dog, puppy, newborn puppy going ogether would be a great way of completing at least one set.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
it is your house chris and your rues. But, would still like to see at least the newborn puppy for the dog. Big dog, puppy, newborn puppy going ogether would be a great way of completing at least one set.

I gotcha. Right now we're looking at the Reindeer, Tiger, Wolf and Dawn 2.

Laurie has maps ready for Reindeer and Paul is putting on the finishing touches and the rigging then Laurie can put together product images.

Until Laurie gets the final Reindeer she's working hard on our gorgeous tiger.

Then the hope is to finish this beautiful wolf with Flink Hawks robust map work.

Meantime I'm still working on a bunch of morphs for our Dawn 2.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
If I remember correctly the new born puppy was Sparky's creation so I should guess that they are waiting for her to complete it.

After Sparky submitted her puppy we came across issues that needed fixing, and so we were engaged in making that happen, but at the same time got caught with updates to our HiveWire Big Dog due to improper scaling at release. Then we got Paul back on puppy fixes and trying to fine tune Sparky's puppy poses, but again we pulled Paul to work on other projects, I believe it was the Mule deer that demanded his attention at the time.

Bottom line is that we have to still juggle limited resources and efforts.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
After Sparky submitted her puppy we came across issues that needed fixing, and so we were engaged in making that happen, but at the same time got caught with updates to our HiveWire Big Dog due to improper scaling at release. Then we got Paul back on puppy fixes and trying to fine tune Sparky's puppy poses, but again we pulled Paul to work on other projects, I believe it was the Mule deer that demanded his attention at the time.

Bottom line is that we have to still juggle limited resources and efforts.

Ah sorry I thought we were waiting on a fix from Sparky.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ah sorry I thought we were waiting on a fix from Sparky.

I'm afraid we'd be waiting indefinitely, as we havent heard from her for a long time. She was hoping we could help her fix things quickly but we weren't able to, and I'm afraid she couldnt wait on us anymore.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hey! I don't think it's been mentioned before, (or maybe I missed it), but a Fox morph for the wolf would be awesome! I'm pretty sure a coyote morph has already been mentioned. But, in the fox family there is the Fenic fox, the Artic Fox, the grey fox, the silver fox, the red fox (And while some of that is coat color, some of that is shape and size, too!) And the long legged wolf, the dingo, the African Wild dog. Those are all things that are close to a wolf, so some will be LAMH and coat colors, the various morphs would be awesome.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
One of the things we have to keep in mind there are only so many breeds of ANYTHING worth pursuing at any given time.
CANIDS: Pick one and and that will have to do until next time.
Speciality anamals though nice to ask for or hope for might not be practical on a marketing standpoint. The resources here ar elimited and focus has to be made on certain basic animals to please a small broad range of users to make it worth creating especially with the lmited creative power here at the Hive. One wolf, a few basic more popular breeds of dog, non exotic animals of any breed except the best known or most used, etc.
Bottom line....MONETARY compensation and what the market will determine what they create.
I aksed Chris for a Ball Joint doll. I love them but is there a market for one here at the Hive> Honestly after i defended my idea I thought more about it and wondered if the argument for one was worth diverting resources no matter how much i think it will sell it may not. The Hive is understaffed and that is a major limitation for what they can create needing to focus their efforts on stuff that might be better marketed and received by a larger user base HERE.
So Chris i love Ball Joint doll but would understand if not on the top of your list anytime soon along with fox or dingo or hyena other exotic wild canids or other specialty characters everyone he will throw a desire for having here.