• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Wolf Has Begun!

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
I believe one of the animals is being worked on at the moment (the tiger?) before Dawn 2.0 can be continued.
I believe so as well. The thing that gets me is all of the other projects that have been said to be released before Dawn 2.0 and after HW Big Cat still have yet to be finished or are in QA limbo. Like HW Elephant and Wolf.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
:) Both of those products are still in development...yet to be finished.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Any word on when the wolf will be released? Hehe see what I did there?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Last I remember, Paul was dropping Dawn2 to work on the Tiger, and after that he would go back to Dawn2. The Tiger has been recently released, so I assume he's now back to working on the Dawn2 rigging. Maybe the wolf would be next?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I rather think that it might be a good idea to complete the deer family. Still no doe or fawn, and the old silverkey fawn is showing its age.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I personally would love the Wolf and I've seen a lot of comments from different artists requesting a new wolf because a lot them that do Book covers don't like the ones available as they're not realistic enough for them. But a fawn would be nice too :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We really, really, really, need to clone Paul. That's the only way we can get everything we want in short order. :D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I would also love to see more animals, Dreamer. HiveWire has spoiled me on the quality of their animals, so I eagerly await the animals still in development. I'm also happy with Dawn SE, so while Dawn 2.0 is impressive, I could wait a bit longer for her.

However, that's not the case with everyone. Some people feel Dawn is showing her age, what with LaFemme and the ever evolving Genesis series. Then too ... some people still believe Dawn is an inferior figure based on what they heard years ago when Dawn was first under development.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
... with LaFemme and the ever evolving Genesis series...
That is my point, we are saturated with good humans, that market spot is full to over flowing while the animals are shoved to the side. Just my take on the market and I wont derail this any further, any one wants to discuses it with me feel free to either pm me or start a thread and call me over.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The market is only saturated if one uses DS with the Genesis series and all of their figures using them as a base. For the Poser only community, things are thin and LaFemme is the only new figure the rest are almost too old to be worth using, or starting to show their age.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
All I'll say is take a look at who the vendors else where are backing and that is some figures are showing their age why are they still getting the support they are and not just from old hands.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I believe Dawn was a learning experience for most of us, while Dawn2 will be the next evolutionary step. Personally, I have been around for a long time, and I have NEVER seen so many improvements on a figure from version 1 to 2. It's a LOT, believe me. I agree with Sunfire that the market is only saturated on the other side of the fence. The terrain is rather barren on the Poser side, especially when LF has such a poor topology. I have tried making body sculpts for her, and it just didn't work. She needs lots of subdivision just to look good in the default pose.

However, Rendo is putting a lot of effort to promote her because she has become their flagship product now that they own Poser. That's all they have - they don't have a choice. But we do, and that's going to be Dawn2. As planned, Paul is back to working on Dawn2 now that the tiger has been released. I have confirmed this with him today, and I am super excited about it. We just have to be patient. Dawn2 is coming up, and maybe next is the wolf? I love wolves and I want it, too! ^____^