• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Guess that's a no then, I can think of a few reasons why it would be useful; for example using them on other figures.

Someone else had asked this a while back- this is what I had said:
Well I'm guessing they will be set up as parented static props for the deer, but it wouldn't be hard to make a trans map for each side and then just use 2 unparented antlers to place and reparent them anyway/anywhere you want.

The trans map could just be a "sheet" of black over one side etc...

DanaTA

Distinguished
I had a thought...a morph to remove some of the antler. Sometimes stags (is that the correct term?) fight and sometimes there's a broken antler as a result. I've seen this in nature films, I think. Just a thought.

Dana

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's a solid idea for sure. Will ask Paul if he can set it up to load separately.

As someone who frequently has need of blending animal features with human ones... I would absolutely LOVE it if you did.

I also vastly prefer controlling things like antlers, horns, and animal ears independently. These things don't move in perfect symmetry on a real live critter, so I like to keep such movements assymetrical in 3D as well. Morphs only go just so far without having separate parts to use. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
As someone who frequently has need of blending animal features with human ones... I would absolutely LOVE it if you did.

I also vastly prefer controlling things like antlers, horns, and animal ears independently. These things don't move in perfect symmetry on a real live critter, so I like to keep such movements assymetrical in 3D as well. Morphs only go just so far without having separate parts to use. :)

We just finished a two and a half hour HiveWire Group Skype. Much to talk about. The last agenda item was this Fantasy Antler set. Paul will definitely set this up with all kinds of loading options. I will go back in and add asymmetry morphs to it as well.

This will be a versatile set.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
How bout this. The front of the Fantasy Antlers are the White Tailed Antlers. So we could hide the back parts of the branches, leaves, and hide the Fantasy Antlers and use the White Tailed Antlers, and there you have this option.

View attachment 44959

View attachment 44960

View attachment 44961
Cool. Love this but we gotta also have vines and dangly stuff hanging down too or it just isn't looking right.....or left....or......

WISH I KNEW HOW TO MODEL! :(

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Cool. Love this but we gotta also have vines and dangly stuff hanging down too or it just isn't looking right.....or left....or......

WISH I KNEW HOW TO MODEL! :(

Let's get this product out and see how folks react to it. If the set shows further promise, then either we can put more into it or perhaps willing and able CAs can add in more goodies and "dangly stuff".

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yeah! Been waiting for this one so long! My reaction is I'm sitting here with my finger in Wantcon 1 Click mode ready to hit the 'Buy' button! WHOOT! :applause:

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I'd be keen to make some add ons too once I clear all my half finished stuff off my plate and once I can get my hands on it :)