• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Oh man! Can't wait to get my hands on this, I keep thinking the Ivory mats I did for the Unicorn would look amazing transferred over and with appropriate foliage

Harimau

Eager
Interesting and fanciful to see vegetation growing on a deer's antlers. There are a plethora of fantastic and unusual antler and horn shapes amongst the prehistoric relatives of deer that you can put vegetation on - the truth is often stranger than fiction. I think a simple 3 horn/antler type would be nice to grow your leaves and shoots on and none is more interesting than these two, one with a slingshot on the nose and the other with a spike at the back of the head. They also look good as is without any vegetation growing on them.

Synthetoceras
tricornatus, (Family Proroceratidae, a distant relative of the Deer Family, Cervidae)
4eb758af5ce231a3e9e859484490b1f0.jpg
Synthetoceras-tricornatus-size-738x591.jpg
synthetoceras_800.jpg

Cranioceras unicornis, (Family Paleomerycidae, a precursor of the Cervidae)
2009-08-26c.jpg
Cranioceras_unicornis_life_restoration.jpg
16002304230_fcc614541f_b.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
How is the texturing seen for this antler to branch/twig set combo? Antler ia bone of sorts and twigs/branches are wood. Transition?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not sure what the base texture will be (except wonderful) but I bet others will come up with all kinds of wonderful stuff as well

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Brilliant!
Could we also have some flowers?
And maybe an antler crown for human(oid)s based on this?
So we could have all kinds of spirit marches for every season?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Will there be a White stag texture for this model? My Wife was asking about that. She is getting to 3D rendering.

Wouldn't that look cool. I'm picturing that as well. All variations of white on the antlers, branches and leaves too. But... that is Laurie's department.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Regarding smaller leaves, could that be an option when the texturing is done?

Are all the leaves the same size now? I like the idea of ransom smaller leaves, or having the leaves toward the end of the branches being smaller (as newer leaves would be, right?)

Roses? Ick! Sorry about that, but I am not a fan of roses (or diamonds). I was thinking flowers like the starweed flowers. Little glittering gems hidden within the twigs and branches.

Although, those leaves look like Ivy? One doesn't usually think of flowering ivy, but ivy does have flowers, and berries too.

upload_2019-2-8_10-23-1.png