• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
uh...glad the deer has proper teeth...but a bit confused... will it REQUIRE the HW horse or not? Will it cut down on sales if it does ? Just a thought on the 'commercial side of things'... then again, if not requiring the horse would delay the model a LOT, then...well... er... ;) most smart people would own the horse anyway, right? :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
uh...glad the deer has proper teeth...but a bit confused... will it REQUIRE the HW horse or not? Will it cut down on sales if it does ? Just a thought on the 'commercial side of things'... then again, if not requiring the horse would delay the model a LOT, then...well... er... ;) most smart people would own the horse anyway, right? :)
I to thought it might be a separate model but I've been informed it is indeed a morph of the horse so will need harry as the base.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I for one am glad this is a morph for Harry, just think of the fun of mixing morphs :D and of having tack you can put on the dear too

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
How hard would it be to have two different products? A deer morph for Harry, and a stand-alone deer?

Of course, I think the morph option makes more sense for future expansion, but some may only want/need the one animal.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder

It will require the Horse product. We've batted this around a bit and after talking to Paul about it, it will take much less time and effort to have the Deer require the Horse than to separate it out on it's own.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
From the very first post I made on this thread:

"I've been posting some time ago screen grabs of our Mule Deer morphs in our Horse thread, but it's time now I think to give him his own thread. We're getting serious now about this Mule Deer. This will be a morph product that will require the customer to have our Harry.

We discussed as a team that our Mule Deer Buck with be the lead off deer, but hoping the doe and fawn can still be released with the Buck or shortly after."

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Chris I love the way you are doing the Animals, a base then morphs. It opens up so much possibility for making up fantasy critters and still having things like saddles and harness that will fit :thankyou::doesnotsuck:

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Given the RL size of mule deer..saddles and gear might be a lil unrealistic. size-wise. But I can well imagine them on moose and elk :) Here's hoping we see a buck in time for Christmas :)

MCarr

Beautiful work on the Mule deer! Will there be morphs, like to make him a bit thinner, or a larger rack?
Dang, I knew I should have picked up Harry when he was on sale, DOH!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Given the RL size of mule deer..saddles and gear might be a lil unrealistic. size-wise. But I can well imagine them on moose and elk :) Here's hoping we see a buck in time for Christmas :)

But that's the beauty of 3D right? Scale up that Buck, use the White maps that Laurie will be doing and ride off into that winter wonderland.

About that Christmas wish or hope of yours, we're trying.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Beautiful work on the Mule deer! Will there be morphs, like to make him a bit thinner, or a larger rack?
Dang, I knew I should have picked up Harry when he was on sale, DOH!

We have a 2 point buck and a 5 point right now. We do and will have thinning morphs and bulking morphs and many others.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
My wife brought home dinner. I was starving, and now I have the energy to model thru the night.

20181119_213557.jpg

20181119_214133.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
And I hope folks know that I love pastries, but I don't eat them for dinner. But I did make a good dent on that monster fritter.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know. A dinner Fritter sounds terribly good to me. Even better would be a maple bar or a humongous cinnamon roll. Or ... cinnabon!

It's only been 40 or 50 years since I had a maple bar. They probably aren't anywhere near as good as I remember them being. For that matter, the last time I had a cinnabon was about 30 years ago.

Dinner tonight was a bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Sweet Corn and two slices of toast. I was just too tired and brain dead to fix anything that involved more than tossing something quick into the microwave and toaster.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
So cool to see your process. And for me, it's great that the horse and deer will be able to share morphs. I definitely want to use the saddle on him, even though it does not look like traditional deer saddle it will still work for me!