• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here are some newer WIPs on the Mule Deer Buck using Chris's latest obj. Still working on several areas (and no seams are done) and I haven't started the tail yet. Going to work on that this afternoon.

MuleDeerBuck326_IR34.jpg
MuleDeerBuck326_IR3.jpg

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
He's looking great, and I wish we could have him tomorrow!! And with the mat, he's really coming to life. The mat makes him look less like a horse and more like a deer. Without the mat, he still looks 'horsey' to me. The mat really clinches it. Not dogging the deer by any means. It's a marvelous creation. I just think the mats will make it come alive. The HW deer appears to be smiling from looking at your WIP's . I think deer (to me) have no real expressions. They seem focused and vigilant, and constantly chewing. But you and Laurie are more expert than I. This is just what I've observed in the few days I was camping in both places. They're massive and scary.
Is there any plan for a doe and fawn at some point?

Is this going to be a young buck since he looks small and a bit thin? From the big more mature bucks I've seen in Wyoming and Colorado they had huge bulky muscles in the front shoulders, chest, and hind quarters. They also had large thick 'barrel' shaped midsections. I thought their legs also look shorter and thicker than a horse. But was glassing from a distance.

Someone made a comment about making velvet for the antlers. Would be nice if possible. Hey, as long as I'm here bugging you, is there a chance since he has the basic shape, he could morph into a moose? He already has antlers and long ears. He needs longer legs and a bigger body. Would it be too hard to morph the deer antlers into moose ones? Might even have the possibility to make a moose cow and calf. Just throwing things out there since you have a general shape and it might be able to be squished around. :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
He's looking great, and I wish we could have him tomorrow!! And with the mat, he's really coming to life. The mat makes him look less like a horse and more like a deer. Without the mat, he still looks 'horsey' to me. The mat really clinches it. Not dogging the deer by any means. It's a marvelous creation. I just think the mats will make it come alive. The HW deer appears to be smiling from looking at your WIP's . I think deer (to me) have no real expressions. They seem focused and vigilant, and constantly chewing. But you and Laurie are more expert than I. This is just what I've observed in the few days I was camping in both places. They're massive and scary.
Is there any plan for a doe and fawn at some point?

Is this going to be a young buck since he looks small and a bit thin? From the big more mature bucks I've seen in Wyoming and Colorado they had huge bulky muscles in the front shoulders, chest, and hind quarters. They also had large thick 'barrel' shaped midsections. I thought their legs also look shorter and thicker than a horse. But was glassing from a distance.

Someone made a comment about making velvet for the antlers. Would be nice if possible. Hey, as long as I'm here bugging you, is there a chance since he has the basic shape, he could morph into a moose? He already has antlers and long ears. He needs longer legs and a bigger body. Would it be too hard to morph the deer antlers into moose ones? Might even have the possibility to make a moose cow and calf. Just throwing things out there since you have a general shape and it might be able to be squished around. :D

You're funny.

Yes on Doe, Fawn, and Moose, and even more.
Also we have morphs for bodybulk, and legs bulk.
Yes on Velvet morphs too.
This model won't suck, I can guarantee it.
Smiling? Maybe, not sure, but it will be right, even as a morph from our Harry.

MooseWork54a.JPG

MooseWork57.JPG

MooseWork62.JPG

MooseWork65.JPG

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
You're funny.

Yes on Doe, Fawn, and Moose, and even more.
Also we have morphs for bodybulk, and legs bulk.
Yes on Velvet morphs too.
This model won't suck, I can guarantee it.
Smiling? Maybe, not sure, but it will be right, even as a morph from our Harry.

You sneaky devil! You already have a whole wildlife sanctuary waiting in the wings. Suck? Uh, no, not even a little bit. He and his morphed brothers and sisters rock. :snoopydance:

ockham

Hope you get it released before the snow starts... We always have mule deer hanging around this neighborhood in winter, and I'd like to make some cartoons about them!

Riccardo

Adventurous
The HW deer appears to be smiling from looking at your WIP's . I think deer (to me) have no real expressions.
I am under the same impression. I noticed this same thing in the HiveWire House Cat. I think in that case it is just the default expression, but it makes a lot of renders look a bit unnatural to me.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am under the same impression. I noticed this same thing in the HiveWire House Cat. I think in that case it is just the default expression, but it makes a lot of renders look a bit unnatural to me.

But ya know, I purposely added in mouth morphs for the corner, to be up, down, and forward. So folks can have ultimate control over the expressions. I also created morphs for shaping of mouth and muzzle and the like. So...

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
But ya know, I purposely added in mouth morphs for the corner, to be up, down, and forward. So folks can have ultimate control over the expressions. I also created morphs for shaping of mouth and muzzle and the like. So...
So just chill, right? You got it covered! :p:D

Riccardo

Adventurous
Yes, I thought so. As I said, I think that is just the default expression. But I noticed quite a few "smiling cats" renders. So, I imagine that people often do not bother changing them. My real cats do not have that expression, so if it really is set as the default, for the next products I would humbly suggest not to make the smiling look the default. My 2 cents, of course...

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
:whistling: :coding:

In Australia we have
grey crocodiles and long neck geese
some humpy back camels
and ticks and fleas
some reds and sambars and fallows
that will calm all your fears
but we sure ain't got no mule deer

:sorry:
And you also have sharks, crocs and crazy Irwin's who are starting another tv show where she's letting her kids feed wild animals (including crocs) by holding food in their lips and letting the animals come up and take it. Crikey, didn't they learn a lesson from the shocking and horrific death of their father? But I guess the show must go on (at any cost). :cautious::unsure:

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
OMG, If I lived there, I'd keep a super sharp machete on the porch where I could grab it real quick. Not a dull kitchen knife!! :eek:
Whatcha suppose made them wait so long to think about a knife? It seemed like it was the last resort for them. It would have been my first resort if it was eating the kid and was beginning to attack the grandpa.