HiveWire Mule Deer

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

FYI ... Jack Tomalin (DAZ PA) included wall mounted antlers with his fabulous Kelly Lodge (Poser/DS).

upload_2019-4-5_16-19-24.png

Correction: Kelly Lodge is by Faveral.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  2. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

You could just export an obj of the deer- even go as far as just picking the head, ears etc and leaving out the rest of the body.

3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Ohhh, I usually know his sets. Not sure why I don't recall that one. I'll have to check it out, though I like the idea of the full Mule Deer head with the Antlers.

Yes, that's probably how I would do it. I've done that sort of exporting into Blender before. Hmmmm . . .

4. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

Or you can hack the .CR2 to just load the parts you need, keeping all the morph and posability;) (Just make sure you save it with a new name)

5. Miss B

OK, now I know why it didn't sound familiar. It's not a Jack Tomalin set, it's by Digital Light Design and Faveral. It's a pretty nice set, but way out of my budget for sure.

6. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

That is so weird. It came up when I searched for Jack Tomalin products! Which would be why I didn't double check who it was made by.

Not being a fan of mounting dead animals on walls, I liked the idea of mounting antlers that had been shed, rather than obtained from killing the animal.

7. Miss B

Ohhh, I hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it, I can see why they mounted the antlers instead of the whole head.

That is a really nice set of props, and there are 94 of them to make up a really nice selection of scenes, but I just can't afford it.

8. DanaTA

DanaTA Busy Bee

Oh, yeah! I remember that! In fact, I have that!

Dana

9. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

It is a very nice set and I have got a lot of mileage out of it in one form or another

10. DanaTA

DanaTA Busy Bee

I got it in 2011, at the end of the March Madness sale. Got that and Lorenzo Lorez for a total of $24.76.

Dana

11. Miss B

Ohhh, nice. When I was still using DS a lot, I used to love the March Madness sales.

12. DanaTA

DanaTA Busy Bee

They're not so mad as they used to be, but sometimes there's a good deal that I can swing. In fact, I picked up a couple Iray merchant resources and a new character with my PC+ coupons, thanks to good sale prices on the items from the sale.

Dana

13. Miss B

Yes, I used to like being a PC/PC+ member, but those days are long gone.

14. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I just did a little trophy board with a wall as a freebie. Dropbox - Deer Trophy.zip

If you want it higher just move the board and the deer up. Hasn't been tested so let me know if there's any problems.

image.png

sapat and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  15. Miss B

You'll have to update it when the Antlers add-on pack makes it into the store. ;)

16. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

thought about that the other night when i couldn't sleep. my damn head ebs and flows keeping awake with ideas for stuff i usually can't remember the next day when i might actually be able to do them. :(

17. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

OH COOL! Thanks so much. Very nice piece.

Janet likes this.
  18. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Perhaps we can move the focus of this thread back to the Deer? If you'd like to continue the discussion, maybe one of our CVs can move all the posts to another thread elsewhere?

19. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Funny huh.

20. Miss B

I'd be happy to do so, if someone would let me know what they want for the topic of the thread.