• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire House Cat

Tom

Motivated
I wonder if you the mean The Warrior Cats books, my son loved them; they are what finally got him into reading.
WarriorCats.com | The Official Home of the Warriors Books by Erin Hunter

I haven't actually read any except for excerpts from them which seemed to be pretty well written.

Hello tparo.
Yes, these are the books.
Here in Germany they are called "Worrior Cats".
I am 53 years old and read it with great enthusiasm!
Here is the link for the German "Worrior Cats" page.
Warrior Cats » Die Fantasyreihe von Erin Hunter
The characters in German are all different than in English.
This is a big challenge for German translators.
There are many cats names and many cats are related to each other.

There are events in Germany where only the translators come to answer the questions of the names and relationships of the cats.

Actually, should end after the fifth season. But the readers all wanted more.

So the authors have decided to write another season.
Of course, all readers hope in secret, there is still season 7,8,9,10 ................................ ..!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tom

Motivated
Willkommen im Hive! Ich bin einer der Künstler, die Pelze für die HW Cat machen. Ich habe mehr geplant und einige in Arbeit, aber ich bin auch sehr beschäftigt mit vielen anderen Projekten für die Hive. Ich hoffe, dass mein Siamesisch vielleicht nächsten Monat fertig wird. Ich habe auch einige Calico-Katzen, an denen ich arbeite.

Welcome to the Hive! I am one of the artists who makes furs for the HW Cat- I do have more planned and some in the works now, but I am also very busy on many other projects for the Hive. I hope to get my Siamese done maybe next month. I also have some Calico cats I am working on too.

Hello CWRW.
Thanks for the great work.
Your work gives me / us so much fun and joy.
Without your labors and work, my / our world would be very boring.

I'm really looking forward to the new cats textures.
I have already bought the most cats products from you.
When the new cats finish textures, I'll buy them right away!
:applause::applause::applause:

Tom

Motivated
I might buy the first one if it's available as an ebook for my tablet. If I like it I might get more.

Hello sapad,
here in Germany the translated books are already available on e-books.
My wife uses a "Kindel" from "Amazon".
There the books are available.

Tom

Motivated
To all others:
Thank you for your welcome.
As soon as I finish my first "Warrior Cats" picture, I'll upload it here.
:):):)

Last edited:

Tom

Motivated
Ohohohoh .... now I see where my mistake is.
My daughter has just read my posts here.
She can read and write English.

She just says to me: "You wrote" Worrior Cats "throughout this thread, that's wrong, it really says" Warrior Cats "!!!!"

I apologize for the mistake with you and thank my daughter who discovered the defect.

*embarrassing*
:oops::oops::oops:

Tom

Motivated
Thanks so much Tom! I really look forward to seeing your kitty renders! I want to check out those Warrior Cat books too!

I've been busy updating all of our HiveWire Horse products to include materials for the newer render engines, but I do hope to get to finish at least my Siamese and Calicos fairly soon! I did just release this set:
CWRW Black, White & Tuxedos for the HW House Cat - A CWRW Creation at HiveWire 3D

I can well imagine that you have a lot of work with the creation of new projects.

Here is the "Warrior Cats" page from Wikipedia. Unfortunately in German.
Warrior Cats – Wikipedia
Since all the characters and their fur patterns are described.

Maybe the descriptions for your next projects inspire you!
;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I can well imagine that you have a lot of work with the creation of new projects.

Here is the "Warrior Cats" page from Wikipedia. Unfortunately in German.
Warrior Cats – Wikipedia
Since all the characters and their fur patterns are described.

Maybe the descriptions for your next projects inspire you!
;)

Cool! I was able to generate an english version of the Wiki page- it was on their left sidebar- yay! I bookmarked it. I'm always up for new inspirations! And I love kitties:) Big and small:)

Thank you!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes there is a set of free presets for the old Daz Mil Cat here - Presets Animals - Look At My Hair

I haven't tried them so I can't tell you anything about them.

And LOL yes making your own LAMH hair takes some practice- I am still working on it too!

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Motivated
Yeah, huh, coooool !!
Thanks alot.

When I tried to make hair for the Mill-Cats, I had the impression that the figure may have too many polygene.
There were a lot of hair.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Glad I could help!

Hmm I haven't used the Mil Cat in many years but I would guess he has less polys than our HW Cat? But I'm not sure- yeah it does take a LOT of hair to cover them. I always use the 1,200,000 hair qty Saiyaness suggests for the LAMH for HW Cat.
I am using more like 600,000 hair density for my Lion hair currently, and that loads and renders a LOT quicker than the HW Cat/LAMH.

McGyver

Energetic
Hello Tom, and welcome to Hivewire's forums.
I'm glad you mentioned you are using Google translate...
Normally whenever I come across a new member introducing themselves, I make a long crazy greeting post...
But I think when people translate it using Google translate, it frightens them away because they think I'm a crazy person.
I'm quite crazy, but the humor part gets lost.
Very lost.
I recently discovered this translation site:
DeepL Translator
I believe it is by a German company, so perhaps the translation might come out better then Google's.
It seems to have a better grasp of common phrases.

Anyway, welcome and good luck!

Tom

Motivated
Hello McGyver.

Thanks for the tip (DeepL Translator).
In my family, I am also the clown.:D
I like to have fun and make my family laugh.
And since my wife and I are already 35 years married, I seem to have made the right jokes!:geek:

And because you are so "crazy", I give you today a German word.;)
The word is: Donnerwetter
I break it up once in syllables: Don-ner-wet-ter
It expresses surprise or amazement.

The French always stumble over this word.:x3:
It is an old German word and is not used often anymore.

In addition, I'll show you a sentence about the English or Americans like to laugh when a German says: "My English is not the Yellow from the Egg!":laugh::laugh::laugh:

I wish you and all of you a nice new week!:flower04::flower04::flower04:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh GOODIE, another clown on these forums. We need all the laughter we can get! :)