• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!! wow!! always good to hear/SEE progress, Chris! Helps keep us happy while waiting! (and EXCITED!) Thanks for showing more!! whooo hoooo!!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Surprised expression morph this morning.

GorillaWork77.JPG

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
COOL!! Love the expressions, Chris!! Will they come WITH him or be a ADD ON pack, like they are for Dawn/Dusk etc.? (and yes, I know SOME came with Dawn/Dusk and more came after)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, nice map work on Kong! I'm also interested on what "type" of fur will be available.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm working on just a handful of expressions fine tuned for Kong that will come with the base product. So many of the Dusk expressions work on the Gorilla as they are and others to degrees. So if folks already have those they'll be a big value for Kong as well.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah. Poser specific then. Ah well. Perhaps someone will do a LAMH preset and turn it loose on AM's website.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking wonderful...I would also like a LAMH preset whether it is a product or a freebie on AM's site...

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
I had a look at the LAMH and it seems it is not dynamic. Is that correct? If so, how do one use it in animations where the hair need to flow with the motion? Anyone know?

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I had a look at the LAMH at it seems it is not dynamic. Is that correct? If so, how do one use it in animations where the hair need to flow with the motion? Anyone know?

No, I think that LAMH fur is fibermesh, not dynamic.

I'm not sure how it would be used in animations, but I don't believe it's animate-able in any case. I don't make animations, and I haven't dug into LAMH far enough to be producing my own furs from scratch yet, so I'm not entirely positive, but the last I heard, that was the status of LAMH in regards to animation.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
LAMH hair/fur is not dynamic, it's Renderman curves (in 3Delight) or geometry (prop). It moves with parent object. Can't say anything about animation.