• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Tarzan and Cheetah. Although I seem to recall that Cheetah was a chimp in the movies (I don't think so in the books, but never read the books).

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
LOL yeah, cheetah was a chimp, and was not even in the books. And technically it is Tarzan of the apes, not gorillas, but I think the line is often blurred there.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
On researching this a bit more: gorillas are apes, but apes aren't necessarily gorillas. Apes also include chimps and orangutans. Distinct from monkeys in several ways, the most notable being the lack of a tail.

It seems that in the original Tarzan books, there was a distinction made between apes and gorillas. Maybe Burroughs actually had chimpanzees in mind when he used "apes". But the movies usually show gorillas, probably because they are bigger and more impressive/intimidating.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Modeling complete on loincloth. Time for UV work now.

LoinclothWork12.JPG
LoinclothWork14.JPG

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Inserting a bit of an "Easter Egg" here. More to come on this and how it ties in with the Gorilla later.

View attachment 5836 View attachment 5837 View attachment 5838

View attachment 5839

EEEK!! Even Dusk 'default' LOOKS so like Tarzan.... and... oh oh.... this 'hints' of so much.... I wonder... hmmm *looks hopefully at VW* :rolleyes:
Growing up, in a icky childhood, Tarzan was my FIRST 'hero'!! I had dreams even then of him swooping down and carrying me away from all my troubles! NO kidding... ! I watched all the original BW Tarzan movies... and you know what? Tarzana - the CITY in Los Angeles County, in Calif. is named for the FAMILY of Edgar Rice Boroughs and I grew up in the "valley" a ways from there.... ANYWAY... this is very interesting!!

Also, that loin cloth textured as an animal skin can definitely be used for American Indians! COOL BEANS, CHRIS!!!!!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Peeks in here.... gosh it's been quiet here and in some of the other HW product threads.... hmmmm ... quiet = a lot of busy bees maybe? (although bees are NOT quiet) ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I assure you that we're doing what we can to move things forward. I've been working on Loincloth for Dusk and got that UVed last week.It's being mapped now. Been back on Gorilla today. Creating specific expressions for Kong. Here's a few I created this evening.

Hoot. Pursed lips. Front view of pursed lips. Front view of growl.

GorillaWork73.JPG

GorillaWork74.JPG

GorillaWork75.JPG

GorillaWork76.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Map work for Kong is also going well. Virtual World is creating a Silver Back version and a black version that will accompany the base Kong product. Paul will be creating poses very shortly and we'll be very close.

Here's a sneak at some early map work.

GorillaWork68c.jpg