• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Personally I prefer the Bengal tiger my self. I think that's the one most people think of when they think about tigers.

Billie

Motivated
Hey Chris, might I suggest another possible look at the back of the tiger? Its subtle, but compared to a lion, Im thinking a tiger's shoulders are a bit more bunched up, and unlike the flatter topline of a lion, a tiger has a bit more spinal arch, suggesting more possible spring. Just a thought what do you think?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Today I made tweaks on our HiveWire Tiger base. Widening the head and other adjustments at Laurie's request. Now that her new House Cat maps are released she's working on this much larger beast and her map work is looking amazing!

TigerWork65.JPG

TigerWork67.JPG

TigerWork68.JPG

TigerWork69.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Chris, might I suggest another possible look at the back of the tiger? Its subtle, but compared to a lion, Im thinking a tiger's shoulders are a bit more bunched up, and unlike the flatter topline of a lion, a tiger has a bit more spinal arch, suggesting more possible spring. Just a thought what do you think?

Thanks, yeah, I've added in the back arch on the tigers back compared to our Lion.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Just out of curiosity, how's it coming?

Thanks for asking. Yeah, Paul is our rigger for all things HiveWire and he's now fully into this Tiger again. He just wrapped up our Caribou/Reindeer and is dedicated to our Tiger efforts until its completed.

Laurie's map work is gorgeous!! Perhaps she'll consider showing everyone at some point in the future.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Does this mean we can finally get a leopard?? I have been wanting a Snow Leopard for years!! :whistling:

Well... we do still have our Dawn 2 to get out. So after Tiger Paul be back on Dawn 2 and trying to squeeze in the HiveWire Wolf. Many of us are looking forward to that wolf. It's come a long ways and has a great look to it now, and with the maps that Flint Hawk is doing it will be amazing. Also Laurie Prindle is planning to work up her LAMH for Studio.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well... we do still have our Dawn 2 to get out. So after Tiger Paul be back on Dawn 2 and trying to squeeze in the HiveWire Wolf. Many of us are looking forward to that wolf. It's come a long ways and has a great look to it now, and with the maps that Flint Hawk is doing it will be amazing. Also Laurie Prindle is planning to work up her LAMH for Studio.
Oh absolutely! I'm just thinking it's a lot closer now that Paul will be working on the Tiger. :D