• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looks amazing Laurie. Can't wait to see this bad boy posed in a complete scene.

I could see Baby Luna taking a magical ride.

I think we're going to need a set of add-on wings. Ken?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Me too NA, but most of the photos I've seen of the white lions that have the blue eyes have been much paler (almost "clear" looking, except where they have obviously been enhanced). Because white lions are not albino sites say their eye colours range from "normal hazel or golden colour, blue-gray, or green-gray".

I'll make some new various eye color options for this. These are actually the blue eyes from my House Cat Tuxedo set. Again the fun thing is the Big Cat and House Cat share the same UVs so all the House Cat eyes work with the Big Cat too and vice versa.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looks amazing Laurie. Can't wait to see this bad boy posed in a complete scene.

I could see Baby Luna taking a magical ride.

I think we're going to need a set of add-on wings. Ken?

Thanks Chris!
I think Diva would enjoy a ride on "Aslan" too:)

(yes I am a HUGE Narnia fan, since I was 6 and at this point in my life, that is a loooong time:)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'll make some new various eye color options for this. These are actually the blue eyes from my House Cat Tuxedo set. Again the fun thing is the Big Cat and House Cat share the same UVs so all the House Cat eyes work with the Big Cat too and vice versa.
That's what I think is awesome too, that they can all use the same textures, you can mix and match to your hearts content to make nice fantasy animals :D

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmmm I think some colors kind of like Whisper's would be cool, but I know I will love what ever you come up with!! The ones now remind me of the ....White Lion album cover.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've added in a face ring piece for a better transition from face to mane. Great idea from Laurie. This should allow for an impressive outcome.

Leopard414.JPG
Leopard415.JPG
Leopard416.JPG
Leopard417.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay. So I've been thinking about this morph for the last several weeks, and wondering if I could pull it off. My muse won't let this idea go. So for most of the day today I let my muse take control of the keyboard and mouse, and came up with this:

Ratwork1.JPG

Ratwork2.JPG

Ratwork3.JPG

Now this is just a WIP. So more to go for sure. But... I think there is solid potential here. It shows me the power of this Big Cat base mesh. We have Lions, House Cats, Kittens, several Dog breeds, several Dragons, and now a RAT!!!? Crazy right?

I can see from this coming a mouse, hamster, rabbit, ferret, weasels, squirrel and other smaller critters. We still have the larger ones too, like Tigers, Bears and so on.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
There is so much potential in this mesh. It's just exciting and challenging to see what I can get from it. Or what it will give me.