• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
The way you model simply amazes me, Chris. I'm still waiting for that modeling video tutorial from you.:)

Nah, we could not learn anything, it would be fun to watch but it would be like how Bob Ross paints a masterpiece in 30 minutes with no effort. Except it would be Chris, one hand on the mouse cranking things out with one hand while using the other hand to type here in the forums and answer the endless emails he gets while eating, watching tv talking on the phone and talking to the people in his house all at the same time.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Work on the Leopard today. Started some work on bump, displacement, spec and shaders. LOTS more hand painting and lots more to do but I am starting to like! This is a P11 Superfly render.

Laurie

422LeopardBaseCU3.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Body Bulk (as requested)

Aww... thank you, thank you!! That will actually be absolutely essential for turning Kitty into things like siberian tigers which have a lot more bulk than cheetahs or leopards... it looks great!!

Work on the Leopard today. Started some work on bump, displacement, spec and shaders. LOTS more hand painting and lots more to do but I am starting to like! This is a P11 Superfly render.

Laurie

Oh, wow, Laurie... that looks gorgeous!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Aww... thank you, thank you!! That will actually be absolutely essential for turning Kitty into things like siberian tigers which have a lot more bulk than cheetahs or leopards... it looks great!!

Oh, wow, Laurie... that looks gorgeous!

Actually we will be doing breeds of Big Cats like we've done the Harry breeds- so each "breed" of Big Cat will have it's own "breed" morph. But yeah I like having as many base morphs as possible:) Chris rocks!!

Thanks so much! Such a challenge but I am learning a lot!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Fantastic Laurie!!! Then again, I've come to expect nothing but spectacular from you. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Impressive work Laurie!! Loving the bump and such. Great to see Kitty in a setting too.

Just so cool.

Made my night.

Jan

Adventurous
Back again, actually I have been a member all along, its just that forum change thing. Laurie, those eyes are this cats "way to the soul" just love them. You have put his fur right onto the nose in such a way, it is so lifelike and his coat is looking so real also. JanW

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist

Those eyes really are amazing. It's funny because the other day my cat was sitting on my lap looking up at me, and I had to take a close up picture just because I was fascinated by the 'texture' in his eyes. You've done a great job capturing that.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Welcome back @Jan ! And @CWRW you continue to use stun and amaze me!
@Chris- love those claws and everything else you're doing lately …and I have to thank you again and always for sharing your progress as you go, it means so much to us !

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome back to the Hive Jan!

Chris...this definitely does not suck!

Laurie, your work is always amazing but this is even above that! Wow....just Wow!

Carola

Inspired
This looks amazing, can't wait to see how it turns out. And cosnidering how good the horse is, I can't wait to play with these lovely ones :)

Of course.. me being me always have my wishes too... A white tiger (So I can make Zora's bonded companion from a better model than the one used now) .. and a black wolf ^^ and my never ending hope.. Ferrets

Also, I msut say I am glad it seems I won't be needing look at my hair to have the cat resembling having fur, because even when using 3delight it tend to crash my computer on a regular basis. And the few times I have tried to turn the fur into a iray usable one, it crashes :(

Zaarin

Brilliant
This looks amazing, can't wait to see how it turns out. And cosnidering how good the horse is, I can't wait to play with these lovely ones :)

Of course.. me being me always have my wishes too... A white tiger (So I can make Zora's bonded companion from a better model than the one used now) .. and a black wolf ^^ and my never ending hope.. Ferrets

Also, I msut say I am glad it seems I won't be needing look at my hair to have the cat resembling having fur, because even when using 3delight it tend to crash my computer on a regular basis. And the few times I have tried to turn the fur into a iray usable one, it crashes :(
Ferrets would be a great base for martens, stoats, ermines, weasels, and otters. Just saying. ;) Hmm, actually, weasels are probably the most basal of that group--morph the rest from that. Either way, mustelids would be nice to have...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I agree is ZAaron… What's really needed is a base animal of that body shape something I have always dreamed of having so I hope someone comes up with one! Winking broadly @Chris… As though he doesn't have enough to do:unsure:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Back again, actually I have been a member all along, its just that forum change thing. Laurie, those eyes are this cats "way to the soul" just love them. You have put his fur right onto the nose in such a way, it is so lifelike and his coat is looking so real also. JanW

:yeahthat:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no other Not any feline out there has this quality and detail Laurie! So excited for you work!