• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not sure how it works in Modo Miss B...for me to do something like that in UV Layout (flattening things a bit at a time) I would need to use seams initially and then rejoin...I have heard that this can sometimes help with stretching. When I saw the different scaling it made me think that maybe he is cutting it into bits to flatten and then rejoin. Hence my question...he does such a good job with his UV's.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That he does. I often do bits and pieces of UV mapping in Blender as I create them, if it's an involved piece. That way I don't have to worry about ripping it apart at the seams afterwards.

With a simple item with just a few seams, then not so necessary.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Exactly ladies. So for on the UV map on the left side of the screen grab that I've shown, that is one piece now. But I started with 19 pieces to come up with that. I cut the map into many smaller pieces first along planes of the object. Then I lay them out and stitch them carefully back together and massage as I go.

Probably something similar to what you all do.

I'm planning for the Kitty results to look similar to what I did for Harry.

HorseUVWork5.JPG

But I'll planning to angle out the legs like a leopard skin rug instead of straight out to the sides like I did on Harry's UVs. I think this will work better for Laurie. I recall that Lyne prefers them this way also.

Here is a better picture of what I still have to work with to finish the current UV project. Sections around the single primary piece still needed to be scaled and pieced into the single UV layout that I'm trying to create. Then I'll mirror over the object and UVs to end up with a single UV skin for the body anyway. Then I'll scale it all down to fit on the UV canvas.

Leopard106.JPG

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Carmen. Here's an image of the very early work in progress on the Spanish Bull. The mesh is a pure morph from the horse with horns added in is all. This is the friesian horse map that Laurie added on just for kicks. This is on Laurie's list of projects, but for now she has many in front of this to finish first, one of them is a Pegasus that she's working on with Ken Gilliland.

View attachment 4589 View attachment 4590

Chris this is gorgeous....real tear jerker. I have lovingly used Lynnes beautiful bovine set for years but they are a bit long in the tooth now and limiting to use in many projects because of the way things were done then. Don't get wrong, they have been a beautiful set but still look forward to getting this beast in my clammy poser user hands. are you by any chance planning a whole herd of this (breeds, calves and cows with a variety of textures)?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris this is gorgeous....real tear jerker. I have lovingly used Lynnes beautiful bovine set for years but they are a bit long in the tooth now and limiting to use in many projects because of the way things were done then. Don't get wrong, they have been a beautiful set but still look forward to getting this beast in my clammy poser user hands. are you by any chance planning a whole herd of this (breeds, calves and cows with a variety of textures)?

Yes, we'd love to have all types of animals. We are currently a small team that is working as fast and as diligently as we can to grow our base level of products. We welcome others to help grow a base with us.

I realize this is the Big Cat thread, but here is just another bovine that is in the works.

Holstein6.JPG

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes, we'd love to have all types of animals. We are currently a small team that is working as fast and as diligently as we can to grow our base level of products. We welcome others to help grow a base with us.

I realize this is the Big Cat thread, but here is just another bovine that is in the works.

View attachment 4660
Yes Chris I know. I m in no rush. Remember there are two types of poser people. Those who know how to create and those who don't know sheitz fro modeling Shinola. I am unfortunately one of the many of the modeling clueless in the community. I pofusely appreciate those like you who know how to do what you do. The sooner you can get me my Bull and family and if possible the Sphynx (also [posted in this thread, sorry) if you ever have a mind to "giterdun" I'll thankfully cry like a broken old baby!
I'll be waiting dude!
Thank you

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
No one noticed that Chris said Laurie and Ken are working on a Pegasus??? YAY!!!!!! :happyflip:

:bounce:
I looked all over the Hive and can't find any mention of it. Can you supply a linkie to the thread or posts? Gracias! :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I think they may have been in the forum that got hacked. I remember it being mentioned, but it was a while ago.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, but they're both back at it. I've seen early progress and it looks fantastic. That Pegasus will be a big attractive product.