• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm really liking the Cream fur as well. ;)
OK, I don't usually quote myself, but I have a question Laurie. Either I've missed something, but I have a Material for the White Tiger's Chin Hair, but I don't have a Material for the Cream Tiger's Chin Hair. Is that because you use the same one for both Tigers, or is it just missing in action?

OK, I was using SF Mats, but I just checked the FF Mats, and there isn't one there either.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL Alisa asked me that too- I do believe she put it in the ReadMe- same white chin hair for both the Cream and White Tiger. I messed with changing it for the Cream but didn't see any real difference, hence just the one.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually Laurie, I thought that might be the case, as the hairs are fairly short, so I can't really see how there would be much of a noticeable difference. I just wanted to make sure. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL Alisa asked me that too- I do believe she put it in the ReadMe- same white chin hair for both the Cream and White Tiger. I messed with changing it for the Cream but didn't see any real difference, hence just the one.

Yes, it is on both the product page and the ReadMe in the "What's included"
" White Tiger Chin Hair (used for both the Cream and White Tigers) "

PLUS in a separate note in the ReadMe below the product information:
"NOTE: The White Chin Hair should be used for both the Cream and White Tigers."

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes, it is on both the product page and the ReadMe in the "What's included"
" White Tiger Chin Hair (used for both the Cream and White Tigers) "

PLUS in a separate note in the ReadMe below the product information:
"NOTE: The White Chin Hair should be used for both the Cream and White Tigers."

Thanks Alisa!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Because people read? Lol.
I bought the white skins without even looking at the pictures, so when Napalm was asking about the swimming tiger, I could NOT figure out what she was talking about! I finally went to the store and actually looked at the promo images - (which are amazing, by the way!) and found it. So, if it never gets past the thumbnail on the store page before it goes in my cart, how could I possibly -read- something! lol

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love Golden Tabby's (or Strawberry Tigers as they are also known) which is why I added them to my Kitty Ponies so of course I'd be interested in one :D

For the Geeks: Analysis of golden tiger family trees shows that golden tigers are genetically normal orange coloured tigers with the addition of a recessive modifying gene, probably the wide band gene. This same wide band gene also gives rise to stripeless white tigers. A white tiger that inherits two copies of the recessive wide band gene will be a stripeless white. A normal orange tiger that inherits two copies of the recessive wide band gene will be a golden tabby. The wide band gene is carried independently of the white gene.

Harimau

Eager
Besides the White, Golden and the Snow White Bengal Tigers that has been previously discussed, there is one other colour variation, the very rare Pseudo-melanistic Tiger. Their stripes are thicker than usual and because of the heavy black stripes they are often refered to as "black tigers". Below are images of Subhranshu (the White Pseudo-melanistic Tiger) & Krishna (the normal coloured Pseudo-melanistic Tiger), the only captive pseudo-melanistic tigers in the world, residents of Nandan Kanan zoo safari-zone in Bhubaneswar, Odisha:

Nandankanan (18).JPG

74a0feee.jpg

More images:

odisha-black-tiger.jpg

White_tiger_Nandankanan.jpeg.jpeg

Sadly, Subhranshu died in October last year.

Carey

Extraordinary
Besides the White, Golden and the Snow White Bengal Tigers that has been previously discussed, there is one other colour variation, the very rare Pseudo-melanistic Tiger. Their stripes are thicker than usual and because of the heavy black stripes they are often refered to as "black tigers". Below are images of Subhranshu (the White Pseudo-melanistic Tiger) & Krishna (the normal coloured Pseudo-melanistic Tiger), the only captive pseudo-melanistic tigers in the world, residents of Nandan Kanan zoo safari-zone in Bhubaneswar, Odisha:

View attachment 64887
View attachment 64888

More images:

View attachment 64889
View attachment 64890

Sadly, Subhranshu died in October last year.
I am often asked why we have large birds, my answer is always, "Why every one knows flying tigers are illegal with in the city limits!" Both I and my wife bare scars from bird bites from training birds...:angel:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Was just having a play with the Tiger and ran in to the fact that it is most defiantly male with no way to change that ;) was very obvious with bum towards camera lol

Dang, I guess none of the testers, me included, caught the fact that his genitals are part of the tiger morph and you can't dial them down.

Carey

Extraordinary
If you were able to down load Lyne's bovine she includes a really nice pair of nuts they can be re-textured and best of all they are re-sizable and you can re-parent them. You may have to look at the tigers mouth as it seems to pickup a slight smile when you add the nuts and they swing back and forth when animated.. This should help you go nutty.....................................................................:yeahthat: