• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
So Laurie, I have to ask... As I have been very curious about this for quite sometime........ Does the lion fur feel like the fur on domestic cats?

Hope you don't mind me asking!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So Laurie, I have to ask... As I have been very curious about this for quite sometime........ Does the lion fur feel like the fur on domestic cats?

Hope you don't mind me asking!

LOL! I have to remember- that pic was from a pretty long time ago. The cub fur was pretty soft but not as fine as a domestic cat, more like a longer haired puppy? The male lion they had there, the body fur is more like say a dog's short hair and the mane was sort of like a big shaggy dog:)

Zaarin

Brilliant
I'm so glad you guys are making animal models, because there are so few of them out there--aside from dinosaurs, the odd dragon, and Ken's birds, animal models have pretty much been few and far between since the now very dated Millennium Cat/Dog/Big Cat/Horse/Dragon. This cat is looking great; as others have said, the attention to the musculature is gorgeous.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm so glad you guys are making animal models, because there are so few of them out there--aside from dinosaurs, the odd dragon, and Ken's birds, animal models have pretty much been few and far between since the now very dated Millennium Cat/Dog/Big Cat/Horse/Dragon. This cat is looking great; as others have said, the attention to the musculature is gorgeous.

Thanks Zaarin. By the way look for the Baby Luna Expressions Product to hit our store shortly. I think you'll dig them. Will certainly help versatility.

I'm getting some stuff ready for Laurie Prindle today, then I'll get back to our Big Cat work.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
;)
LOL! I have to remember- that pic was from a pretty long time ago. The cub fur was pretty soft but not as fine as a domestic cat, more like a longer haired puppy? The male lion they had there, the body fur is more like say a dog's short hair and the mane was sort of like a big shaggy dog:)
Thanks for the information! I had always wondered if they were similar so now I know LOL!! Thanks for satisfying my child-like curiosity !!!

Zaarin

Brilliant
Thanks Zaarin. By the way look for the Baby Luna Expressions Product to hit our store shortly. I think you'll dig them. Will certainly help versatility.

I'm getting some stuff ready for Laurie Prindle today, then I'll get back to our Big Cat work.
Great news! You know I can never have too many morphs. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know in the first post it is Harry morphing into a cat but the 3rd image in looks like a good base for a Dog (kinda looks a bit like a start of a Bull Mastiff :p)

My wish list has always been a good Big Cat, Domestic Cat, Wolf and Dog (with a morph for each of the main dog shapes including those ankle biters I have a hard time thinking of as dogs :p) and always more textures for Harry :D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh and if we have Harry the horse and Eli the Elephant, what are we going to name this glorious kitty? Leo if he's based off of a Leopard? Maybe we could have a poll with a few names to choose from :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Chris said he was going to do a Jaguar iirc...are they the same as leopards. Sorry fuzzy brain at the moment...

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Oh my!!! This kitten is looking so very good!
Just my two cents but the feet look a little off to me some how, not sure why or how. Could be I am just dog tired from the first week of work in far too long lol

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Quite a bit of different when you know what to look for Pendraia. Leopards and Jaguars are difficult to tell apart in photos if the location is unknown. The jaguar is generally a stouter animal with a proportionately rounder head, fuller cheeks and smaller eyes and ears (Jags can look fat even when they are not). If you study photos of the two animals with these differences in mind, you can learn to identify them relatively easily (the screen shots Chris has looks more Leopard to me as it looks like it has a longer head than what I'd associate with a Jag).

The smallest of the big cats, leopards are native to Africa and Asia. At 90 to 120 pounds, they are significantly smaller than lions and tigers, and occasionally even fall prey to them.

The jaguar is native to South and Central America, and once roamed the southern United States. Jaguars are quite a bit larger than leopards,averaging 200 to 265 pounds.

Confusingly both black leopards and black jaguars are both popularly called black panthers, although they are not a separate species, and black individuals will occur side by side in the same litter with normally colored cubs.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thought that was the case that they were different.

Going back to the original post Chris mentions both types.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Chris had some images of a dragon in the old forums...so I'd say it's somewhere on the long short list ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Good to see you JV!!

Yes, a dragon would be AWESOME!! Then I can do that classic battle image Dragon vs Unicorn!!