• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D "Jungle Love!" Rendering Challenge

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
There's a link at the bottom of the very first post that says Submit Your Entry Here

Carola

Inspired
I was wondering, I submitted a picture to the contest 6 days ago, and got the message through amail it had been submitted. Though I haven't gotten a message if it was accepted or not, and don't see it in the contest gallery, so I am wondering if it did get accepted, or if I missed something so I need to redo it? ( I do already work on anoother picture as well :) )

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure if the galleries are updated on a daily basis, so it may take a while to get it showing.

FrahHawk

Inspired
I don't see my latest entry, "March to the Refuge". I know I uploaded it and got back confirmation that it was accepted. So where is it?

Miss B

CV-BEE
From what I understand, and I could be wrong, but all images have to be "approved", and I don't know if "acceptance" is the same thing. Acceptance might just be it fits the right size and weight restrictions, but approval refers to the contents of the render, and whether it passes the HW TOS.

FrahHawk

Inspired
I found it but seriously I thought it would be at the bottom since I posted it after my first group: Water Bearer and The Huntress.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Submissions through August 30 have been added to the Contest Gallery.

The gallery randomly orders the images, so newer entries will not necessarily be after older entries.

Acceptance means the image was successfully submitted and has entered the approval process. That email is auto generated.

Approved means the contest owners have viewed the submission and approved it. Generally, if there is a problem with your submission, you will be notified by the contest owner by email fairly quickly. From the Submission page, you can check the status of your submission (My Submissions under your name). If it doesn't say rejected, you're good.

As a rule, I prefer to wait until the image has been approved. Especially, when there is criteria like with this contest that the submission have specific content. I'd rather not upload a submission and then have to pull it because it didn't meet the criteria. I also give people a few days or so to withdraw their submissions in case they realize they need to make changes or they submitted a duplicate. When an entry is withdrawn and replaced, it has to be removed from the gallery. Comments are not transferred from the withdrawn entry to the replacement. That may or may not be important to the artist.

The entries have to first be downloaded one at a time before they can be uploaded. Would be cool if we could just transfer the entry from the submissions database to the gallery database. But, that would be way too easy :wink:

When an entry is downloaded, it is saved with a new name composed of the submitted name and the artist's nickname. Any characters that prevent the file from being saved also need to be removed. The submission form has no problem with characters that will prevent that file from being saved. Once downloaded, the image has to be processed so they don't exceed the file size. Once processed, the new image is uploaded to the appropriate gallery. Fortunately, that can now be done in bulk. With the last gallery software, each image had to be uploaded one at a time. I also document all this in a spreadsheet. Consequently, I tend to wait till the weekend and do a batch at a time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for stopping in and posting the details. I knew there was more to it than just uploading an image, for it to show up in the gallery. What I didn't know was that the gallery can reorder it, so the images can be in any order, and not just the oldest to newest, or vice versa.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oooh, would love a chance to win Poser 11 but can't afford to buy the goodies for doing and image...sigh.
Ah well, maybe a future contest will come along when I am able to enter.
Love the looks of the big cat and all that jungle scenery!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have to agree Stezza, it's a very nice selection of renders. ;)

Now if I could just get my butt in gear, and create one myself. ~sigh~

Christen

New-Bee
Submissions through August 30 have been added to the Contest Gallery.

The gallery randomly orders the images, so newer entries will not necessarily be after older entries.

Acceptance means the image was successfully submitted and has entered the approval process. That email is auto generated.

Approved means the contest owners have viewed the submission and approved it. Generally, if there is a problem with your submission, you will be notified by the contest owner by email fairly quickly. From the Submission page, you can check the status of your submission (My Submissions under your name). If it doesn't say rejected, you're good.

As a rule, I prefer to wait until the image has been approved. Especially, when there is criteria like with this contest that the submission have specific content. I'd rather not upload a submission and then have to pull it because it didn't meet the criteria. I also give people a few days or so to withdraw their submissions in case they realize they need to make changes or they submitted a duplicate. When an entry is withdrawn and replaced, it has to be removed from the gallery. Comments are not transferred from the withdrawn entry to the replacement. That may or may not be important to the artist.

The entries have to first be downloaded one at a time before they can be uploaded. Would be cool if we could just transfer the entry from the submissions database to the gallery database. But, that would be way too easy :wink:

When an entry is downloaded, it is saved with a new name composed of the submitted name and the artist's nickname. Any characters that prevent the file from being saved also need to be removed. The submission form has no problem with characters that will prevent that file from being saved. Once downloaded, the image has to be processed so they don't exceed the file size. Once processed, the new image is uploaded to the appropriate gallery. Fortunately, that can now be done in bulk. With the last gallery software, each image had to be uploaded one at a time. I also document all this in a spreadsheet. Consequently, I tend to wait till the weekend and do a batch at a time.

Was just going to ask if there was a problem with my entries and saw this. Thanks for the info! :)