• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Cool action poses! I was wondering if Poser "universal poses" wouldn't help with it? Universal poses are supposed to compensate for differences in joint angles. I've never investigated this in detail, but I know it has become standard in Poser when applying poses to a figure.

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I don't know "universal poses", is it a utility? I have one to convert genesis 2 poses to genesis 3 and even with that, I have to manually correct the poses.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Universal pose is a feature in Poser that compensate for joint angle differences between different figures. When you apply a pose in Poser, you have 2 options: regular and universal. There is a button for each on the interface.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@LeoLee I not certain what exactly universal poses try to compensate for, but I guess it's about default joint angles between different figures. If we know those default angles, we can compensate for the differences when applying a pose to a different figure. Nonetheless, the torso, arms and legs lengths can also affect poses. Poser could be using bone lengths (by subtracting a joint's end point from origin point) to use that info on universal poses. So it could be a combination of default joint angles with bone lengths to allow universal poses to approximate the same pose on different figures. If a morph changes the size of the bones in the same figure, Poser could also use those factors to create universal poses as well, but I don't know how the program handles it. I can only guess. :)

D

Deleted member 325

Universal Poses is not good to work with as a content creator, even within Poser. I say this as a Pose content creator. While they can sometimes help adapt a pose from one figure to another, it assumes the figures are using Poser default rigging conventions (in Poser 7/Pro this was the G2 Figure rigging) and embeds a set of reference joint pose data into your poses for that figure. The bad part, at least when I ran into it, was it did not save the data for any joints that did not match standard conventions. When the poses were loaded back in, they were horribly garbled (forgot why I turned it on, but made a bunch of poses for M4 and forgot to turn it off...lost the entire set and had to start again... this was on the Madness Took Me sets".

I am unsure what changes an improvements have been made over the versions, but if you were going to use it, I would HIGHLY recommend testing with already created poses load in before turning on Universal Poses and resaving in a new location - just to see what happens.

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I prefer to do all the poses manually. Even in Daz Studio that I have the "Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter". It helps but it's not perfect. And I have to finish manually.
Thanks for the reply!

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Hi, Faery!
I didn't have time to finish it yet but it's almost finished for Daz Studio. I have to make some textures and morphs to fit in others characters.
The Poser version still has some issues I need to fix.
Yes, the suit will come with UV templates, so you can make your own textures.
Do you use Poser or DS?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just checked Leo Lee's store here at HiveWire, and it doesn't look like it was released. There's some Super Hero poses in Leo Lee's store where Dawn is wearing the Hive Girl Suit, but not the Suit itself.

Oh, and BTW, welcome to the HiveWire forums Speedr8cer5.

Speedr8cer5

Thank you for the warm welcome Miss B, I am new to the Hivewire Forums, but have been in the Poser/Daz Studio community since the end of 2000. I have been leaning Daz Studio the last two years since most of the progress happening for poser character advancements all seemed tied to each new release of the next Poser version. Which I continued to move up to version 9. Since most of Daz's coolness seemed in house that seemed like the easy swing but even today I find somethings easier to do with better results in poser. So recently I was looking at Hivewire due to the toon/real horse and saw some of the Dusk progress and that there were Daz Studio clones to fit Genesis 2, 3,and 8 to Dawn and Dusk and want to see if that autofits to Dusk's more extreme morphs and if that ability works for Dusk's clothes as well.

Speedr8cer5

My superhero suit ships with the Hive Girl version as an extra bonus. :)
Ken1171 Thank you for your quick responce! I was looking at your set as well. Question is there a way to load that into Daz Studio, using the clone scripts out to auto fit those with any extreme morphs to Dawn that might not be included?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Speedr8cer5 Some people here have tried and said it works well. Tight clothing in general tends to work well with Auto-Fit, so no surprises there. I remember someone said they couldn't get the boot's flat soles morph to work in DS, but that's because DS will always disconnect any master dials created in Poser, which can be fixed in DS with a simple "Freeze ERC". I don't remember who, but I think I have also seen someone using the outfit with Dusk in DS. I was quite surprised! ^^

Speedr8cer5

I know that I was looking at you Superheo suit and some of you other cool products while also adding RawArts morphs. So to have the ability if Daz Studio to fit those morphs is an example that I want to confirm as I want to add Dawn/Dusk to Studio and dig out Poser as well.