• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Help? I'd dearly love to update my horse costumes for Harry

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I'd dearly love to update my horse costumes for Harry but I'm
A) not sure its possible
and
b) completely sure I don't have time to learn how to do it (and I hate rigging)

So I was wondering if anyone a) knows if it is possible and b) would be willing to collaborate*
*By collaborate, I mean you do the rigging and morphs and I'll update the materials and maybe come up with some new textures. :)

Not going to be upset if a) it's not possible or b) no one wants to take on the task, but I thought I would throw it out there.

NativeCostumeMainpromoRendo.jpg
NATIVEcostume2testrenders.jpg

wildrose-promo.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I would do it in a minute if I had Harry, but I don't. I have the MilHorse and never used it enough to justify buying another horse. I just don't do many horse renders.

I will say, however, that weight map rigging is much easier than spherical rigging. I hated spherical rigging, and love weight map rigging.

I'm happy to help with technical advice and info if you want to try it.

Here's my WM in 10 minutes in PP14 tutorial if you want to try it.

Attachments

• WeightMappingTutorial.pdf
    919.2 KB · Views: 335

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Daio I really hope you find away to update these, I got them all ages back, love them to bits and have been wondering if I could retro fit them to Harry. I'd off to help if I had a) the skills and b) more than just the base HW Horse.
Good luck :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd help if I had any idea on that side of things as I'd love those items for Harry. I really hope someone can chime in to help.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
A couple questions. Are you looking for DS or Poser stuff? I know both @VortigensBane and I are working on stuff for Harry. I know what I'm working on is dynamic and so designed for Poser (I know DS has some dynamics now but I at least am a little wary of designing for them.) If you are thinking for Poser, I do have one part of my WIP: Medieval Finery for Harry more or less ready to test, although the other pieces still have quite a ways to go.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Hi Gadget Girl. I looking to convert products I originally made for the MilHorse to Harry. Like I said I am not sure it is feasible but wanted to see if anyone wanted to help me do it.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
If you're in Poser, you could easily convert the outfits using Poser Cloth Dynamics. Just shrink Harry enough so that there is no pokethrough on frame 1, set the "hard" parts of the outfits to be rigid or soft decorated groups, depending on which works better, and then run the outfit through a dynamic simulation with pretty "rigid" cloth settings. If Harry is set to morph into his default shape at the end of the sim, it should work with no re-modelling. As far as rigging goes, I'm absolutely no help there; haven't figured it out myself. I have used this method before for making outfits fit a character they weren't designed for.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Thank you VortigensBane - that will definitely work if I want to use the models for my own artwork. And will also help those who have the models and want to use them on Harry in Poser.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Love those models and would love to see them for Harry...I'm not sure how the transfer utility would work with Harry in DS...I'm going to have to have a play when I get chance, I would imagine it would be a good starting point though.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I so desperately wish I were a rigger for this project!! But alas not a rigger, but if you can find some one willing to convert/rig them for you to fit Harry I am the first person in line to grab them. Love the Egyptian and Arabian styles !!

Textures - I can do, but =) think you probably have that department covered!

However, if you find that you need a beta tester I do own most if not all of the Harry products and use both Daz and Poser.

CG Cubed (Paul) could most likely do it for you, but Chris and everyone else keeps him pretty busy so not sure about his time constraints though wouldn't hurt to possibly ask.

Last edited:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I think at least for the the elven saddle with the leaves and branches, you could probably use the fitting room (wouldn't recommend it for the draped saddles). In that case you would try and scale the saddle to roughly fit Harry, and then the fitting room would basically try and rig the saddle for you. You always have to do some some adjustments, but I find it works pretty well, especially with tight fitting stuff.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Lyrra has bravely volunteered to try to convert these for Harry - a brave thing indeed as they are the first figures I ever modeled and rigged and so are not done in the best or most efficient manner. So I am working on new textures. This one is inspired by medieval barding and Is for the first Native costume.
nativecostumemedievalbrown.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yay! this will make me so happy, I like this set and while I have used it on Harry before, I'm pretty much a novice and found it hard.

Love both these textures too!
Just to let you know tho, the fleur-de-lis (a stylised lily) in the first one looks upside down to me :D)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm glad (I hate doing something and its too hard to fix :D)

This was my Harry that I did. I can't wait for more textures! Elven Princess | HiveWire 3D Community

I'd love your Wild Rose to be native for Harry (I don't have that one yet so I don't know how well that one fits :)) But I think it would look great on Faery_Light and my BeJeweled horse textures (hoping to be out soon) with some new mats to match of course.

Last edited: