• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Happy Holidays 2015 - Thoughts, Renders & Fun Thread

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
All of us at HiveWire 3D wish all of you wonderful holidays, whatever you celebrate and however you celebrate.

Please post your holiday thoughts, holiday renders and fun holiday stuff here for all to enjoy

And don't forget to go get the beautiful HiveWire Rocking Horse!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Happy Holidays from Lyne

XmasYuleCottageFINALforum.jpg

A very tiny reduced image... FULL image can be seen here:
xmas2015

This started out as a render of Howie Farke's Carrara Christmas freebie snow scene...
on the cottage, I added to the holly on the front door by putting some of Moonbeam's berries
and bow (cut out from one of her holiday vignettes) I also added frost on the windows!

The snow man is a combination of two of Traveler's Snow men, with LOTS of work to match
one snow texture with the other, than loading both in poser, posing each, with some parts invisible,
replacing the nose with Snowfire Graphic's carrot and a lot of post work to bring out the scarf after!

The reindeer is an OLDER model of mine, rendered first in poser and then a lot of post work on it
To see a 'before and after' of that work, click here!

I then added the lettering, typing in Photoshop, and using "liquid metal" effects, placed "in" the snow
and added shadows to help the illusion.

Lastly but most certainly not least, I added one of George Gregory's Glorious Skies in which soars Ken Gilliland's Bald Eagle!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OH good!! You moved my 'thread' into this one, thank you so much! :) I didn't know where/how... and you fixed it up, yay! :)

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR THE ROCKING HORSE!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes. Love the renders.

I'll debate doing one :p Oh wait. This one can be posted again!

It's the Sad Little Tree and other sad stuff from the RDNA 2014 sad Christmas freebies.

And of course, Dusk and Dawn Christmas Elves.

Sad-Little-Tree_HW.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Loving all of these. LOL, Willow - she needs to be wearing short hair with those :)