• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Growing Old Isn't For Sissies!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Same here Rae. City Chic does have a site for US shoppers, so that was cool. But ... no joy :(

I'd ordered leggings a couple weeks ago from amazon. Based on the reviews, I thought they would work. But noooo. They are skin tight, so they don't work for what I wanted. But, I will be able to wear them under pants during the winter, so it's not wasted money.

I'm wearing XL or XXL and I have actually found that WalMart Faded Glory line leggins and capri's are working great and the go up to 4X's .... for 8.00 ,which to me is a bargin!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Same here Rae. City Chic does have a site for US shoppers, so that was cool. But ... no joy :(

I'd ordered leggings a couple weeks ago from amazon. Based on the reviews, I thought they would work. But noooo. They are skin tight, so they don't work for what I wanted. But, I will be able to wear them under pants during the winter, so it's not wasted money.
I wear leggings a lot, and I've found some of them over the years have been skin tight when I first got them, but they do stretch out after a while. So wear them under your pants during the winter, and they'll fit just like you want them by next spring. ;)

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
I was going to put this rokket's thread but I thought this might be a little better.

A few years ago...

One of my mom's favorite saying was that no matter how old you get, I'll always be your mother so do what I say. We would roll our eyes and grudgingly give in to the wishes of the family matriarch. She's a good mom, still and did it right when we were growing up. She was approaching her 80's when she said that to us. My sister and I were trying to convince her of a certain course of action and ended up saying yes ma'am and getting her Starbucks to make sure we kept the peace. Nothing like a little midnight bribe to keep the peace.

Suddenly out of the back, this tiny...I mean tiny little old woman that looked like my mother (and consequently me) walked into the living room. Her mind was still sharp even though she was approaching 100 and doing it easily. Yes, a HUNDRED YEARS OLD. She looked at my mother, her daughter and said "Willie (my father) is going to be home soon. What did you make for him?"

My mom looked at her as if a test of wills was taking place. "Ma, he just has a TV dinner when he gets in."

HER Mom, Bessie, looked at her like she was crazy. "That man has been working hard and you're giving him a TV Dinner? Dee, Get in that kitchen and fix him up a hot dinner!"

My mother, glanced at us out of the corner of her eyes as my sister and I watched the scene unfold. She sighed, lowered her head a bit and said, "Yes ma'am."

The rules are simple and clear. No matter how old you get, your mother is still your mother. A Great Great Grandmother outranks a Great Grandmother every time.

My sister and I stayed up to make sure Pop didn't eat alone and told him what happened. He had this HUGE grin on his face and said in between bites of a hot supper, "She can stay with us as long as she wants."

- Growing old isn't for sissies and my grandma proved it. That little woman was tough!

She did make it to over 100. I can only hope to do as well.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Oh I love that story!!
My best is when my grand daughter and my daughter were over here and my daughter asked my grand daughter to go out to the car and bring in her purse as she had left it there...the way she said "Nah it's your purse you go get it!" Well I spat it...I told my grand daughter that if I EVER heard her talking to my daughter that way again...she would have me to deal with! My grand daughter apologized to my daughter and to me...But I still gave her time out even though she was a big 12 years of age at the time...My daughter just smiled and said. "Yep that's what I grew up with." lol

quietrob

Extraordinary
Oh I love that story!!
My best is when my grand daughter and my daughter were over here and my daughter asked my grand daughter to go out to the car and bring in her purse as she had left it there...the way she said "Nah it's your purse you go get it!" Well I spat it...I told my grand daughter that if I EVER heard her talking to my daughter that way again...she would have me to deal with! My grand daughter apologized to my daughter and to me...But I still gave her time out even though she was a big 12 years of age at the time...My daughter just smiled and said. "Yep that's what I grew up with." lol

Exactly! Our parents pulled rank on us everyday and now every time we go to see them. Now it's OUR turn! A quick test of wills. A quick lesson in the rules of the world and she's the better for it. Someday, she'll have a 12 year old granddaughter and she'll remember what happened and will be happy, not just glad, but happy it happened!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have to do that on the 14th, but it's only for about 10 hours, and I'll be asleep for about 7 to 8 of them, so not a problem. I never eat breakfast when I first get up anyway.

quietrob

Extraordinary
They didn't even tell me I had to fast. I texted my sister the form since she had been pushing me to get a check up. She is the one who noticed it and told me I couldn't eat the night before. I usually eat something about 3 or 4 hours after I waken. Then a late lunch around 12:30 to 1 then nothing until about 6. However, I state here and now, I love late night snacks! I also love coffee. I had one cup of coffee at about 10 this evening. My bloodwork is 8:15. So it's nothing but water until tomorrow morning when I get home.

Lab Tests. Bones cracking. Corrective lenses. Bah.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, that's the difference between us. I usually have my "snack" within an hour of dinner, so the only thing I consume after that until Breakfast is water . . . lots and lots of water. Mostly because I lost a losing battle with a kidney stone back in 2009, and I don't EVER want a recurrence. I also drink lemonade every afternoon (which I'm doing as I type this), because my Urologist told me lemon juice is good for preventing them.

McGyver

Energetic
Growing old does suck...
But most of my life I've been busted up and achy, I've been demented from fairly early on and I don't see how I could look much worse...
I meet friends who I haven't seen in twenty or thirty years and they say "you haven't changed a bit" and I'm like "Well, you suck too, but you didn't have to be mean about it!"...
Seriously, they had cameras back then and I have pictures of younger me...
It's not pretty.
It's not a compliment fer crying out loud...
I don't care... If you go through life with no shoes, you don't miss them when you get them and they fall off...
See... There is the dementia again.
I think if I had one complaint about getting older it would be the weird ear hair...
Why the hell does nature suddenly feel the need to make my ear lobes furry?
What advantage does this serve?
Did our distant ancestors need to keep our ear lobes warm as we aged?
What animals were climbing into our ear canals that this kept out?
Did primitive human males have ear hair battles like elk butting antlers?
What the hell?
I'll admit it, I have zero self image or vanity, but I draw the line at friggin fuzzy ears.
Yes, I pull my ear hairs out and it's a constant losing battle... In fact I think it just provokes them...
But I'll keep fighting them, damn it.
And just in case you are thinking of your great grandfather's ears that looked like he stuffed two mice in them...
It's even weirder...
They are more like regular hair... Long... None of that short nonsense... If I miss one, it grows exponentially and will mimic a stray head hair... Its crazy.
I hate getting haircuts because, well frankly I look weird enough to begin with and apparently nobody knows how to cut my hair... They try interpreting my wishes, but they don't ever really get it... So I usually go a while until I get one.
Generally about the time I start looking like a hippy version of Aragon, my wife will insist I get a hair cut...
Like yesterday...
One- I forgot about it this morning and was confused when I past the mirror... (Dementia)
Two- I stopped and stared at what appeared to be me (turned out it was) and noticed this one long wavy ear hair that managed to escape detection...
I yanked it out immediately, but I was mortified...
I asked my wife and daughters if they noticed it and they all shrugged with a general "and that's what you are worried about" kinda vibe...
I know they try not to look at me too close, but they can notice anyone's hair style change instantly... Yet somehow if I grew a unicorn horn out the middle of my forehead it would go unnoticed... So I probably shouldn't be surprised...
Still... I don't like my ear mane...
I can live with my furry hobbit feet and angry eyebrows, but the ear beard, not so much.
No, I'm not focused on the stupid horrible (delightfully blindingly painful at times) back and neck pains or the fact that my vision is crap now...
No, I'm gonna focus on those damn ear hairs...
And I'm gonna win!
I don't care if I have to go full Van Gogh on them, I'm winning.
I shall overcome!
See... If you are peace with the other stuff you can focus on the stuff that matters.
And ignore your dementia.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
You always make us laugh. I was actually talking to a client and a friend the other day, yes, two men in the same day.... I shared my way with keeping the furry ear mane in line. It's called a razor. I will use it when I'm sitting at my computer and my hand wonders up to my ears and I go "Oh great, their back, again" so into the bathroom I go, grab my extra razor and go sit back down and just lightly run it over the furry part. Bend the top down with the other hand and do the tops until it's baby smooth. No cuts, yet.