• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Growing Old Isn't For Sissies!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
awwww hugs, Carrie! Ya... I try NOT to look in the mirror... I just 'know' it's ME - young in spirit inside this aging husk.... :/

Thanks for the hugs Lyne ,I can laugh at it now ,and I agree the person inside me thinks she still looks like a 20 year old ,but the mirror says I don't ,I have decided that's okay .To bad though we aren't like "Mork" from Ork and age backward though I never did figure out how we'd give birth to a full grow adult ......ummmm maybe in an egg.....then we could youthen into old age .........

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...I get that from my daughter Carrie! And I totally get the looking in the mirror...that's not me in there honest it's not!

cute-minion-everything.jpg

And this is what I tell myself EVERY morning !!Sounds dumb but it helps!!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Growing old ain't that big a deal for me because that young guy is still in there looking out through the same pair of eyes. OK! So maybe he doesn't walk so fast and gives out the occasional groan when he bends over, (and spends a lot less time combing his hair), but he's there all right. The best part is the adoring eyes of my grandaughters as they gaze upon the distilled wisdom that comes with age. Well! As long as I keep my mouth shut that is! :flower02:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've avoided mirrors for years! The only mirror in my apartment is the one over the sink in the bathroom.

I so don't need to be reminded by passing full length mirrors that I'm not (and never have been) a size 2. Or 5. Or 8. Or 10. Oh no. They ever so kindly gave me Xs after my numbers. And only provided me with frumpy choices in clothing.

I've avoided mirrors for years! The only mirror in my apartment is the one over the sink in the bathroom.

I so don't need to be reminded by passing full length mirrors that I'm not (and never have been) a size 2. Or 5. Or 8. Or 10. Oh no. They ever so kindly gave me Xs after my numbers. And only provided me with frumpy choices in clothing.

Heheehe not frumpy no no no , caftans are not frumpy and they come in beautiful colors , yup I got the xx's in my sizes too, don't x's mean kisses, those skinny little b's don't get kisses!! I admit to no fashion sense so I will wear leggins with flannel night shirts,cause they are long enough to cover stuff when it's cold,or caftans with long sleeved shirts ,if I like it I wear it .

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I should check into flannel night shirts! Being so short you'd think it would be easy for me to get tops that are mid thigh. But noooo. So many of them hit me mid hip. Rather than a nice respectable length that at least gives me the illusion I'm not a pear :p

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh I love MENS size flannel shirts....and the ones that cost more have more flannel... ie: thicker, SOFTER and so cuddly (after a few washes to soften them up). :)

Yup it amazes me to see women my age and shape wearing leggins or tight jeans with short or crop tops , ummm NOOOOOO,actually I want to borrow whatever mirror they looked in that told them it was a good look ......
I'm 5'2" and I agree most womens plus shirts hit me mid hip, I tend to buy mens tee shirts they are longer and fit better ,plus buy them in plain colors and decorate them myself makes for happy happy, the flannel night shirts were a new thing for me ,lived in Miami for most of my life had no need for flannel anything,move to North Carolina and discovered I could wear long sleeves,long pants, socks and not break out in a sweat this is great !!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...yeah, it's a tough choice! I mainly wear jeans at work but occasionally I will splurge!

Of course I'm cheating cause I don't work outside the house at this time ,trying to see if I can survive selling my arts and craft stuff

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I would love to be doing that Carrie...I'd be happy to just reduce my hours to 3 days instead of a full week.

Well to be honest the only reason I can do it is cause I moved , otherwise I don't think it would have happened .....so I've got 2 years to try and make it work ,then I'll have to find a job if it doesn't .....

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wish I could fit into City Chic clothing, they are pretty and younger looking than those at Autograph but they are about 2 sizes too small :(
I live in leggings and tunics from Autograph (they're about the only place that has anything that suits my build).