• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Growing Old Isn't For Sissies!!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
So glad I'm not alone with my wattle! ;) Today my back muscles are locked up, top to bottom...my back muscles don't "hold" my spine in place well anymore (always had a loose move-able spine, even when in top condition)....and I HURT...so taking some days to just rest and wait it out... spasming and knotted muscles are a hallmark of Fibro too.... sigh... :mad:

Oh no...hope you get the rest you need Lyne...my back has finally come right...with a lot of help from my daughters...do take care

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's something I find really hard to imagine having bears on the lawn.

Look after yourself Lyne...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks... still working...er... resting my way through it... and with the week's chores pressing in on me.... sigh...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh LOL! I wish... but now that my kid is grown, with kids of his own, nearly grown... but anyway... the GOOD thing is that is QUIET around me now! LOL!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My youngest two are in their early 20's but don't mind helping. My daughter gets cash for it as she is at Uni and it all helps but my son does his chores as board. It's like a barter system...my eldest doesn't live at home any more.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
That's really nice, Pen! :)

I'm done with chores today...(funny how they take LONGER with age!?) ....but I'm just so MAD at Amazon shippers... sent them an angry missive:

"Who is the idiot that packed two boxes of STERILE eye drops in with 2 bags of 7 lb cat litter!?!??! Litter bags do NOT seal well, one split and got cat litter INSIDE THE BOXES OF MY STERILE VIALS OF EYE DROPS!!!! I suspect it would be AMAZON packing person/machine, not the store selling eye drops. but I ordered these items separately, wanted them shipped separate!!! I have to thoroughly wash the vials of EXPENSIVE eye drops now!! I'm very angry!"

I've handi-wipped the vials, will wash in bottled water a few times and set out to dry...should be ok, since the tip is sort of inside it's cap you twist off.... but GEE WHIZ I didn't need the extra work.... I'm gonna go veg out on the couch! ....er... well after I wash Nickie's kitty bowel and put in fresh food.... his tummy is going off on him again and I'm REALLY unhappy with his health issues... his age is exacerbating his health stuff too.. sigh... just put us both in a sack and toss us in a river!? *shudder*... oh lordy THAT's something my mother would say!! oh nooooooo I can't turn into my MOTHER!! :eek:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oh..no...that's no good at all Lyne! I don't blame you for being angry. I would have also...lol...I not only am becoming more like my mum but also my older sister...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's just so bad, Lyne, shame on them. Have you noticed how many packers seem to have got their brains in a raffle?! Garlic next to the butter, eggs in with the glass bottles, peaches or tomatoes underneath the cans? 'Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity' and stupid is so often bone deep.

I keep saying that, "I'm turning into my mother". And the older I get the more I LOOK like her. It's spooky looking into the mirror and seeing Mum looking back at me. Very spooky, possums!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh yeah sometimes I look at my hands and even though I'm built completely different from my mother (I take after my father physically being tall and thin) but still my complexion is more like my mother's, so I can see her in me especially in my new wattle-sheesh! Sometimes I'll say of phrase and it will be my mothers way of speaking and that's awful. But I am so unlike her in 100 other ways thankfully!

I hate to say it but now Dragon is cooperating here, whereas in the private message area it was making a a real mess of things… I am trying to train myself to do use it every time I want to type and it is really difficult I guess I'm learning discipline ! it's still throwing odd letters when I say punctuation E
and I have to press enter when I want to go down the line it won't do it when I say to do it verbally it also has very odd spacing here but it least it's readable . L

And of all the amazing things it actually learned to spell my name correctly and is remembering it here here watch: Lyne … my old Dragon installation just would not remember but this time it happened so that again tells me not to see any changes from here on out !my thumb is a little bit better but since I have to use it every day in myin my life as, it is going to take quite a while before I will feel it's back to normal I think . H this is the worst damage I've ever done to my thumb and it is certainly making the lesson one I will not forget! O

Ging without computer use for over a week is just driving me nuts… I did get a little work done the last couple of days on the freebie set of produce - mostly fruit but through in two or three vegetables because I don't know when I'll get back to the rest and most people can get models of typical things like gourds and onions etc. and I really want to do the set of desserts like I showed in my freebie thread I'm sure more people are interested in the delicious desserts then the vegetables and fruits :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Now that I've grown older both my brothers and my daughter say I look a lot like my mother.
I don't mind, she was beautiful to me.
I loved that woman so much and miss her now that she has passed on.
If I become half the woman she was, I'll be happy.

What I do miss is being more slender but having to have meds that cause weight gain and being well past middle age, the fat is here to stay.
And yes, more pains than I need or want every day.

Lyne, I know how you feel with more hurts being added to what you already have and aging sure causes more, sure wish it was easier.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I know all about the extra weight once you get past a certain age. My Internist told me at my last visit I need to lose 20 lbs. Sure, like that's going to happen any time soon. I'm sure I could lose some of it, but the last time I lost 20 lbs. was my first year of retirement. Twelve years later, and I've gained it all back. ~sheesh~

quietrob

Extraordinary
Glad to hear someone besides myself remembers Michael Valentine Smith and is still grokking. Brats on the lawn? Bah, turn the dogs loose I say!

When I was 13 I went from reading his "Juvenile Books" to Stranger in a Strange land. Needless to say it was a shock but suddenly I couldn't read the Hardy Boys anymore. A few years later, "Time Enough for Love" became my favorite book.

As we moved to our new digs (apartment) I found an old photo of me. It was a nude and I remembered taking it in after finding out that Sade had done a nude so all would remember how she looked back in the day. I looked at the muscles, the perfect skin the hair and then I called my big sister and asked her, "What the hell happened to me?"

It goes by in the blink of an eye but one thing about living long. You never get old in mind and spirit. You always wonder. "What is going to happen tomorrow?"

That never changes.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
It goes by in the blink of an eye but one thing about living long. You never get old in mind and spirit. You always wonder. "What is going to happen tomorrow?" That never changes.

This is true! Trying to REMEMBER that, as I have to go through my dental 'stuff' and many new others are seeing the aging 'outside' of me, while this still young (sometimes the CHILD in me) peers out this old eyes...

and I LOVED those books, took the same path... ! ;)

Carey

Extraordinary
You know, when I think of where I am at right now, pain, disability and mental state and like any one else I wonder why life has to be filled with such misery, but when I think of all in perspective I know...that in spite of it all....I know...I couldn't have gotten to this point any other way and in any better shape.... I know like so many of us here, I am going to make one hell of an Angel

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I know like so many of us here, I am going to make one hell of an Angel

oh gosh, another ROFL, Carey!!! Good medicine!!!!!!! :)

but ya, it's true...all we go through shapes us...and in turn when we share, that shapes all of our lives even more.... Hmmmm soooo "we are all modelers at heart maybe?"

Carey

Extraordinary
Hey, I like the person I am right now, much better then that other fellow that used to think pain was a lack personal strength or will to over come. Plus I have been shown I am not in control in a very big way, we all answer to some higher purpose, though we may not see what that purpose is, it is out of our hands and finally I am alright with that... You can call it earning your wings or just being a more complete human being.. I understand things now I could never have imagined any other way....

I can't take peoples pain away, but I can help them set it aside even it is just for a moment because I give away smiles....

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Continue to shine from within. Make your lovely renders. Enjoy life and don't worry about a little wattle.

We all have out body and face issues as we get older. It's really just as tough for men but our egos make us do stupid things like chasing youth by having affairs with younger folks, buy rediculous sports cars and men now are every bit as vain as women can be with hair replacement, tinting the hair, botox, facelifts ... believe me when I say I being the beauty business I've seen it all and have a few men in my clientele that I do color work on...

Big HUGS hon!

I think it's funny the different things that make us notice age ,for some it's birthdays ,some its image, or body parts ........I was 43 ,and discovered the hair on my "hoohaa" had turned silver ,sat and sobbed on the toilet ,loud enough my youngest daughter (19yrs) was worried about me ,I'm not normally a dramatically emotional person , unless it's laughter or sarcasm.When she asked I blurted out what I'd found and cried some more!!She told me TMI mom!! I was a divorced mother of three ,and that meant to me that my "hoohaa" had gotten old (not me) and I hadn't hardly used it ..........
Now 15 years later ,I look in the mirror and see my grandmother ,which is a surprise cause that's not the image in my head at all .........