• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Generating and using FBX characters in Poser Pro 11

ibr_remote

Adventurous
(cross-posted at Renderosity Poser forums as well)

I have a thread going at the Official Poser Forum which provides some tips and pointers about generating and using FBX file format rigged and posable figures in Poser Pro 11.

refresher in case anyone wants to use FBX figures in Poser P11

I include mention of Autodesk Character Generator and Adobe Fuse CC / Mixamo online, as generative sources of FBX characters.

(If there is any interest, I will also mention my dabbling in output from Manuel Bastioni Labs' human figures and their eventual use in Poser Pro 11. - but that's a very painful journey for an amateur/hobbyist like me.)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Any figure you export from Poser or DS as fbx!
Very true Rob, as I exported a Genesis 1/Vicky5 character from DS4.0 Pro last night, and imported into PP11. The only thing I'd suggest is to check the option to include the character's textures in a separate folder. Also, as Rob had suggested to me on the SM Poser forum, try exporting a CR2, because the FBX import will need to be rigged. I'm about to try that shortly.

I'm still playing with her skin textures, as they previewed fine initially, but wound up rendering her as a metal robot alien. ~rolf~ I played some with the textures, and am not altogether happy with the final result I wound up with last night, because they were created for DS, and not Poser, but hey . . . it's a start. The hair is a V4 hair which I was happy to discover happens to have a V5 fit. The dress is a V4 dress, but it doesn't fit . . . yet. :sneaky:

ToriV5.jpg

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Kizuna Ai, virtual youtuber personality, brought into Poser Pro 11 as an FBX.

She is available at her official website [Kizuna AI Official Website](link url)

You need to import the PMX in Blender3D, then export as an FBX. She imports into Poser rotated +90 along the x-axis. Please adjust that. You also need to adjust her eye highlight transperency to value=1 in Poser Material Room. (Knowing how to read a little bit of Japanese helps - or ask a friend who can !)

Attachments

• KizunaAiPMX2FBX2PSR.jpg
    KizunaAiPMX2FBX2PSR.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 276