• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FreyrStrongart Products

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Nicely done. Next product sounds like a good way to keep expanding on your skills as you go. Looking forward to the extendable leash.

enjoy creating!

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
look forward to my next product
critical survey2.jpg

This will be a bundle containing the horse tack, Hussar uniform and accessories.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I just watched War & Peace with Audrey Hepburn and Henry Fonda, these uniforms remind me of it.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
However... it's not an easy product to use, as there are so many elements that can interact and disturb each other. It usually takes me two to three attempts to get the simulations the way I want them. Although, if you are not too finnicky the uniform and shabrack work quite nicely just as conforming pieces. Except for the Pelisse, that one has to be simulated. BTW does somebody know how to create a preset that turns a group on or off? I have all those buttons that NEED to be turned off before simulation and I am looking for a preset solution for that. Nothing I tried worked for me.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Most of the dForce products that I've picked up elsewhere have the buttons as separate geometry attached to the clothing with a node of some kind. Makes it a pain in the arse to go in and turn them off, since, because they are separate geometry they aren't a matt zone that can be made invisible. You have to drill down the scene tab to the bone that they are attached to.

Poser likely does it differently, but I suspect there is an equivalent solution.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
However... it's not an easy product to use, as there are so many elements that can interact and disturb each other. It usually takes me two to three attempts to get the simulations the way I want them. Although, if you are not too finnicky the uniform and shabrack work quite nicely just as conforming pieces. Except for the Pelisse, that one has to be simulated. BTW does somebody know how to create a preset that turns a group on or off? I have all those buttons that NEED to be turned off before simulation and I am looking for a preset solution for that. Nothing I tried worked for me.
I'm not sure what you mean by turned off? If you're talking about Poser, my first question is have you already tried them as soft and hard decorations?

Absolutely gorgeous work, by the way.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Working on a new product, a hippogryph. Came across a somewhat interesting question... is a hippogryph more like a horse or more like a bird?
Why?
Because it matters with regards to the front legs and how they bend. If the forelegs are like a horse... now problem, but if the forelegs are like a birds then all the joints have to be bent into the opposite direction. It's kind of important to know what people think looks better, in case I want to provide poses.
Below you can see two images which explain what I mean.

Horselegs
chicken or horse1.jpg

Birdlegs
chicken or horse1.jpg

This hippogryph consists of wearable frontfeet, a geoshell featherbase, a wearable feather coat, birdhead, individual feathers, and the tail feathers, so the user can chose to use only the geoshell with the horse, the underfeathers with or without the head and legs or the full set. There are no wings in this set, user can use the HiveWireHorse wings or any other set. I use here the feathered wings from 3dUniverse, as they are some of the nicest I know.

Attachments

• chicken or horse.jpg
    chicken or horse.jpg
    653.9 KB · Views: 258

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure what you mean by turned off? If you're talking about Poser, my first question is have you already tried them as soft and hard decorations?

Absolutely gorgeous work, by the way.
this is DAZ only as the set is meant for d-force. The buttons can be made invisible by clicking on the group so it's not THAT much of a problem, but I was trying to see if there was a way to create an on-off option for the user. I couldn't figure out how to save a preset for visible-invisible option that didn't hinge on the texture but the mesh. There must be a way to do it, how else are people creating presets that turn off the visibility of feet for shoes that are too small for the standard foot?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, most of the ones I've seen in illustrations use bird legs. As does my Frankencritter. It's a PitA to work with.

Bird legs would bend like the horse's back legs. A pity one can't just geograft a second pair of back legs (with some adjustment to the proportions) where the front legs go. But that wouldn't be usable in Poser.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Well, most of the ones I've seen in illustrations use bird legs. As does my Frankencritter. It's a PitA to work with.

Bird legs would bend like the horse's back legs. A pity one can't just geograft a second pair of back legs (with some adjustment to the proportions) where the front legs go. But that wouldn't be usable in Poser.
Well, what I did in this hippogryph is change the dimensions of the Cannon compared to the forearm and gotten rid of the limits. That way the leg behaves like a backleg... the thigh would be the shoulder, and the upper arm should not be used or rather upper and lower arm should be aligned to form a straight line. This seems to work more or less.