• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

For Lyne

Szark

Awesome
Sweet images Simon and Lyne.

I am so glad I posted that image with that reaction, glad it brought you up. Oh yes I am always grateful to folks that share.

Now that's two of us that got enjoyment from this post. I just love that.

Fox...man I missed that one. Mil Dog?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm not a DS user (my brain just does NOT go that way).... is that LAMH more of an automatic thing? I mean, takes less "set up time" than the poser hair room? I tried the Poser hair room, and it was just too hard to deal with...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
No the fox was from the Poser Wolf... the original wolf that came WITH poser... tho I think it worked with the DAZ wolf too as I recall... same model. :)

again, just look at my Freebie pages... I made the first page when I issued the wild cats and then added links in a great long list to the pages for all the other freebies I made for animals... bears, wild dogs of all sorts, etc. To say I am an 'animal nut' would be accurate! LOL!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
well one thing about the cats, they look good with no extra hair too... since most cats are fairly 'short hair'... probably why the wild cats worked so well... the dogs on the other hand NEED 'brushing out' with post work... like the Huskies I did for the Wolf:

Huskies.jpg

SimonJM

Enthusiast
With DS, you can use the LAMH player (free) and get the LAMH presets for Millennium Cat (long-haired and short-haired), also free, and Bob's your uncle. I'd suggest posing the beasties first, before applying LAMH and add the presets to additional figures via the LAMH plug-in, not via the Create> New 'Look at my Hair' Object menu option. With the lynx I added an extra zero to amount of hair for the exports and used the default Renderman curves option as I was rendering in 3Delight.

Szark

Awesome
I have the Garibaldi hair plug-in for DS but it is a PITA to work with. LAMH seems to be easier, not easy just easier. :) I did some brush work on the Ocelots but not as good as your skills. Excellent looking Huskies there Lyne.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Afraid MY brain can only handle the brushing in post... the only thing I've FINALLY glommed onto is the cloth room and doing dynamic clothes/poses... and I don't even do THAT per the instructions... I just click and hope! LOL!

SimonJM

Enthusiast
Thank you for the tutorial link Lyne.

Simon I find it a PITA due to not having collision detection which make it harder to do shorter hair and eyebrows.

This was done with the Garibaldi plug-in some time ago, boy it took hours of combing to get right.
I remember it and it's still a brilliant example of what can be done with Garibaldi!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FYI.... I PERSONALLY wouldn't use any of the "hair creation" parts of poser (or DS if I used it) for my wild cats, nor any "big cats" like lions, etc... because TO ME the hair destroys all the details of the photo real coats... It's one thing when Tiny was able to create LONG hair for the domestic long hair cat because it seemed to take the color into the hairs.... but like I said.... (and again this my own personal preferences) for my cats like the ocelot, even leopard, etc... I'd prefer not using a hair generator.
I do know Bobcats...even more so the Lynx in winter have longer coats... so they kinda work ... :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Wellll.... nice... still.... see my post above... I photographed these cats close up at the san diego zoo show... and their coats are VERY short... just a little informational note. :)