• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasies Realm -- are they still there?

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Probably it was moved. A lot of stuff has been. I keep finding things in places they didn't used to be. Which is annoying.

Aelin

Eager
Not a problem Rowan54. I know it's always full of dust in our side with the move :laugh:

How to become a vendor at Renderosity Marketplace - All the Info you may need!
Unfortunately, the page for "Exclusive Vendor Benefits" leads to a 404 error page ...
And I see we aren't alone with issues after a move or something like that :rofl:
I knew somebody being an exclusive vendor, and finally who has ended by being on Renderosity and Daz. Don't know what happened for that change anyway.
Yet, if I compare quickly the lists of the 2 sites, I already see one exclusive vendor from one which is selling on the other site. :oopsie: Or are the products which are considered like exclusive? It's a little confused finally.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Products can be exclusive. I ALWAYS have exclusive products. (Which is waived for about one week while shifting shops right now.) That means that the product is in only ONE store, and if you have more than one store, then each store has different items. However, I've really never been an exclusive VENDOR. That is, I had products in more than one store. I've had stores at Renderosity, YURdigital and Hivewire, mostly two at a time. (Was a product tester at rDNA, so no store there. Never been a vendor at Daz3D. Have looked at number of other stores as possibles, but most of those are no longer in existence.)

Kerya

Brilliant
Yet, if I compare quickly the lists of the 2 sites, I already see one exclusive vendor from one which is selling on the other site. :oopsie: Or are the products which are considered like exclusive? It's a little confused finally.

That shouldn't be ... you are shure that the product at Daz3d is not one they bought out? Many of those have two PAs, Daz3d and the Artist.

Aelin

Eager
That shouldn't be ... you are shure that the product at Daz3d is not one they bought out? Many of those have two PAs, Daz3d and the Artist.
It's at least as recent as dforce exists, 2 dforce products on Daz, even if yes, there is the name of vendor and DazO in the same time (and one product made with another vendor). After a while my browser isn't happy by the unending pages on Rendo, so I can't really look the end of their list to see if there are other examples.

LmWolfSpirit

Inspired
Dana, as I move my stuff, some more will be heading your way.
It would help if we could get the word out there to a lot of others that your store exists. :)
I have no idea how to advertise.
As usual, I am late to a conversation, but I do have a suggestion.

Contact other small stores (most will know of another small store to add to your list). Form a group to work together to promote all the stores. Find someone in one of those stores who would like to or wouldn't mind doing YouTube videos. Start a beginner series for DAZ Studio, Poser, Carrara, etc. and use items from your stores during the tutorials. Put links for the stores in the description area.

People are always looking for good tutorials. I know that I have added a lot of Blender stores to my list from watching YouTube tutorials.

Kerya

Brilliant
It's at least as recent as dforce exists, 2 dforce products on Daz, even if yes, there is the name of vendor and DazO in the same time (and one product made with another vendor). After a while my browser isn't happy by the unending pages on Rendo, so I can't really look the end of their list to see if there are other examples.

If DazO is there, it is a buyout and the vendor doesn't get any money for it anymore ... so yes they are Rero exclusive in that case.

Aelin

Eager
I took my courage and looked a little more the 2 lists - yet not fully, I have pity for the browser and the comp :laugh: . If the person I saw is indeed with DazO near name now, I found not less than 4 exclusive vendors for Rendo who are also selling on Daz. I checked, those 4 haven't DazO with their names. After, it's not my business but it's a little tricky (for the concerned store) to say you are exclusive in a place but to sell somewhere else. Specially if the exclusivity mark gives you advantages.

Rowan54 is right when she puts 1 product = 1 store and promote it like exclusive. Yes the product is and it's good to underline it, but she doesn't claim she is exclusively selling here or there. That's the good attitude.
I would tell the 4 concerned didn't understand the difference between "being exclusive vendor" and "exclusive product", if they weren't selling for years.

As usual, I am late to a conversation, but I do have a suggestion.

Contact other small stores (most will know of another small store to add to your list). Form a group to work together to promote all the stores. Find someone in one of those stores who would like to or wouldn't mind doing YouTube videos. Start a beginner series for DAZ Studio, Poser, Carrara, etc. and use items from your stores during the tutorials. Put links for the stores in the description area.

People are always looking for good tutorials. I know that I have added a lot of Blender stores to my list from watching YouTube tutorials.
We sometimes share tutos on Fantasy Attic, but we don't do Youtube videos. We make text and attached images. Answer to questions if we have some.
We also find sometimes interesting tutos from sponsors or friends, so we link them. And we can add tricks if we have. I remember once, I had an oldest version of PD Howler than what the tuto asked, and I found a way to do differently on the steps I couldn't do like in video. I shared after the messages with linked videos.

We have also teknology3d who made a little promo of freebies, and is a member of forum. Some members do their promos too, not necessarily for freebies (I'm thinking to Dreamer, that you know well here :) ).
Summoner is a forum member, a vendor, and he has his own site where he promove FA - and we have his link too.
And my part on FA is to look if there are interesting freebies - that's always helpful for people starting in the community. So, no matter the other stores contact us or not, sometimes I can find them and link their freebies. If people want to find them, they follow the link and arrive on the site in question. So yes, Rendo, FRM, Teknology3d... are very few of the list.

Besides, you have the social networks - if you are fan of them.
You have also Deviantart - I know Dawn (and her family) has her own group there ;) . FA/FRM has one too; but with changes this year, I think it's no more easy to manage.
Or you have kind persons like Redeyecat who have blogs and talk to sites they know.

There are always plenty possibilities, just it takes time to be visible. And if members, customers and vendors work together to spread the word, it's easiest.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Besides, you have the social networks - if you are fan of them.
I have a page on Facebook. I resisted joining Facebook for several years. I finally decided to try it and make a page for my site. It gets Likes, but it seems they just Like it for being there, almost none of them have actually clicked the link to go to my site and register. I sometimes wonder if Likes give people some kind of reward on Facebook. If they really like it, why are they not visiting the site, registering. When I make a post about a new product, I get Likes...buy not sales, nor even visits. So, what do they like about it? Do they like my wording? It has been frustrating. I have a lot of people who have registered over the years. Before the site was really set up for selling, a lot of them visited a little, then left and never came back. When I finally had it working for selling things, new laws went into effect here and abroad...I couldn't send them emails or newsletters because they haven't opted in to receive such emails. I started using MailChimp for newsletters. I only have a small percentage of my members on the mailing list because of this issue. I tried a one-time email to let people know. I got almost no responses, maybe one or two. It seems they've forgotten me or maybe they put my email on the blocked list.
You have also Deviantart - I know Dawn (and her family) has her own group there ;) . FA/FRM has one too; but with changes this year, I think it's no more easy to manage.
Or you have kind persons like Redeyecat who have blogs and talk to sites they know.
I'm not on Deviantart. There is already someone there with the username DanaTA. I've been told it's a female.
There are always plenty possibilities, just it takes time to be visible. And if members, customers and vendors work together to spread the word, it's easiest.
I've had the site live and ready for business for several years. I had (still have) a banner that goes with every post I make at the DAZ forums. It's clickable. I have to replace it, it has a lot of images that are no longer valid. Items that were made by Glitterati3D. She pulled out of all sites where she was selling.

It's been very frustrating. Everything I try seems to be met with the sound of one hand clapping. In the meantime, it costs me money to keep it going, to renew the SSL certificate every year, the hosting, all that. I keep hoping. Eventually, if business doesn't pick up, I will have to shut it down. But for now, I keep hoping, I keep trying. I keep paying.

Dana

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Dana, it takes quite a long time to be a sudden, overnight success. And hopefully this thread will give you and your store enough exposure that you'll start getting customers and more vendors in to achieve that success.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Dana, it takes quite a long time to be a sudden, overnight success. And hopefully this thread will give you and your store enough exposure that you'll start getting customers and more vendors in to achieve that success.
Another issues is - people register, but don't follow through. When someone registers, the site sends an email to confirm, with a link that must be clicked to activate the account. People go through the trouble of making a strong password, but don't respond to that email. Only a very few have shown up as bounced by their internet provider over the years. I have to wonder, why go through the trouble of signing up, making a strong password, then not bother to follow through? The confirmation email is an effort to discourage hackers and bots. I want my site to be free from that crap as much as possible. I don't think I'm alone in doing this kind of thing.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No, you're not alone Dana, as we do that here on the forums as well. I'm not sure about the HW Store setup, but when you register as a new member here on the forums, you need to respond to the confirmation email to be accepted as a valid member.

Aelin

Eager
When myself I created a profil on deviantart, I found there already had a Aelin by the past. But some change of name very often there, I'm surprise we always can suscribe in :laugh:

For fb, I know FRM has a page there. I don't have fb, they banished me after almost one month where I talked privately with friends. Just talking. But I don't care.
I'm on twitter, and it happens to me to put a like on tweets of other creators even if I don't buy them. Also to retweet them. Just because I think it worse the case my followers can see them and be interested for themselves and perhaps spread the word.
I can't tell you about the think of your likers on fb.

When you are talking of new laws, are you talking about all those stupid messages for cookies, thanks to european union?

All I can tell, like Rowan54, is keep hoping. Indeed it's not easy and not like Rendo or Daz, all other stores have more difficulties to be known.
Maybe the fact Hivewire store closes its door to be in Renderosity will change things for all little stores?

On Fantasy Attic, we create our account, then one administrator (often DarkAngel) checks if you aren't listed like spammer (we have tentatives sometimes) with the email. If so, the door is opened, but the person has to come and log in a first time to be definitively recognized like a member.
I don't remember how it's for Fantasies Realm Market.
Sometimes, with no warning, the mails end in spam boxes, specially on gmail. Even when I say they are ok, it can take a long time before the mailbox finally leaves the passage to those mails. If I don't check the spam box, I miss things. Even Rendo mails sometimes are in, and from 1 or 2 other sites I visit regularly.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I check my gmail spam box daily. Because I gotta. Because they put the most ridiculous things into spam -- usually things I just signed up for. And then they pass through stuff I definitely don't want.

DanaTA

Distinguished
When you are talking of new laws, are you talking about all those stupid messages for cookies, thanks to european union?
No, I'm talking about the spam laws. You can't send customers emails unless they opt in to get those emails. It used to be that if you didn't want emails, you had to opt out. But too many people complained about it and they made laws to insist that people have to say they want emails from you. We can no longer assume they want to hear from us. There are huge fines involved if you break this law, and possible (probably) being blacklisted by mail servers and possibly by Internet providers, too. It's not worth the risk.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
I check my gmail spam box daily. Because I gotta. Because they put the most ridiculous things into spam -- usually things I just signed up for. And then they pass through stuff I definitely don't want.
I have to check my spam box, too. Xfinity blocks things that I always want to see, and yet they let things through that are obvious phishing scams. It's well known that most blockers are not smart enough to do the job right. And the spammers are too smart and always find a way around it. It's better to just leave it to us to decide what gets blocked and what gets through.

Dana

Aelin

Eager
Hi!
Just an update to tell you the Realm is back online. DarkAngel hasn't yet ended to redo everything with the cart stuff, but you can already see items.
It's abig step ahead after the dustbunnies tried to eat everything - yeah, they almost managed to escape from FA to everywhere :laugh:

DanaTA

Distinguished
pfdlives forum is back, but it is being seriously blocked by Norton. Even when I go in Isolation mode, it only allows read-only. Can't post. And every link I click, I get the blocking page again, after a few times, it doesn't even allow me to go on anyway. I'll wait until this gets fixed.

Dana

Aelin

Eager
pfdlives forum is back, but it is being seriously blocked by Norton. Even when I go in Isolation mode, it only allows read-only. Can't post. And every link I click, I get the blocking page again, after a few times, it doesn't even allow me to go on anyway. I'll wait until this gets fixed.

Dana
Maybe a Norton thing, but I'll tell to DarkAngel anyway. I was on PFDlives a moment ago without security alert, and Agent0013, Llola Lane, Eblank and some others entered too since the re-opening.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Maybe a Norton thing, but I'll tell to DarkAngel anyway. I was on PFDlives a moment ago without security alert, and Agent0013, Llola Lane, Eblank and some others entered too since the re-opening.
I already told her about it. I won't disable Norton. It wasn't a problem in the past, but now it is. Something about their setup has changed, because my system hasn't changed, and I never had this trouble before. I've had Norton for years. I feel bad, but I won't put my system as risk just to post on a forum.

Dana