• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasies Realm -- are they still there?

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
This morning I went to visit Fantasies Realm/Fantasies Attic and the home page is barely coming up and none of the links are working. All of them are going to 404s.
Did they close their doors? Or is this a website glitch?
FantasiesRealmMarket.com

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes they are Rowan. Aelin posted in another forum thread they are in the middle of moving to another host, so it's going to be a little while before all is "back to normal", hopefully.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Yes they are Rowan. Aelin posted in another forum thread they are in the middle of moving to another host, so it's going to be a little while before all is "back to normal", hopefully.
Oh, that's a relief! I was just there like 3 or 4 days ago!
(I'll go see if I can find the other thread.)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I hadn't found it, thanks for the link.
Want I did find was DarkAngel's invite for vendors. And since I'd been at Fantasies Realm checking out the vendor stuff several days ago just after I got the news about Hivewire....I sent her a message.
Wanting a space for my store and then having the website I was looking at dry up and blow away before I even got a message to them was a little disturbing, believe me. Thanks everyone for getting back to me so quickly

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Or rather, appearing to dry up and blow away. Was relieved to find it was just moving to different quarters.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Other than Fantasies Realm what other stores are there at this point?

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Renderosity, Daz3D, and several that are private to the person running them. (Such as Xurge3D) If there are others, I don't know about them.

Aelin

Eager
Hi, I'm just back on web tonight (windy evening here in my corner of France lol) Thank you for having help Rowan54 to find the topic. :flower00:
For now, I know DarkAngel can be reached by mail, maybe not at all hours of the day but still checking. I can give her the link from that topic for she keeps an eye on all what happens around, just to be sure.
And I'll check on other communities if I have more to give to her.
Love to see people looking for us :applause::balloon03: Thank you to all of you!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Renderosity, Daz3D, and several that are private to the person running them. (Such as Xurge3D) If there are others, I don't know about them.
There's my site, which I've been struggling to get moving for a few years. Stubborn, I guess. Faery_Light is a vendor there. Tough to get recognition, though. Everybody goes to the big 3...err, 2 now.

Dana's 3D

Dana

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
There's my site, which I've been struggling to get moving for a few years. Stubborn, I guess. Faery_Light is a vendor there. Tough to get recognition, though. Everybody goes to the big 3...err, 2 now.
Ah, good. I hoped people with other websites would show up. I'm sure a number of people would at least like to know what the options are.
I will check out your site.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Dana, as I move my stuff, some more will be heading your way.
It would help if we could get the word out there to a lot of others that your store exists. :)
I have no idea how to advertise.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Mention this thead and/or his store to every where you leave a post. Maybe put in a link in your sig? That way, those who want the link will find it.

And same for anyone else with a smallish store I haven't heard of. I'd like to know what the options are. So would a number of others!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Dana, as I move my stuff, some more will be heading your way.
It would help if we could get the word out there to a lot of others that your store exists. :)
Yes, advertising is a problem. Normally, I wouldn't have said anything in another site's forum. It's a bit tacky under normal circumstances, and some sites would actually delete the post, anyway. I don't need to step on toes like that. I have a page on Facebook. Oddly, it gets a lot of likes...but I don't think any of them have actually liked the site itself...or even visited. I wonder if they just want more likes. Does it do something for your status? And I use MailChimp for newsletters, of which there have been few...not much news to send.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Mention this thead and/or his store to every where you leave a post. Maybe put in a link in your sig? That way, those who want the link will find it.

And same for anyone else with a smallish store I haven't heard of. I'd like to know what the options are. So would a number of others!
My site has been there for several years. Vendors have come and gone. Glitterati3D was there for a while before she gave up all sites. Although, I seem to think she's started again, at Renderosity. Need testers, too.

Dana

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Yes, advertising is a problem. Normally, I wouldn't have said anything in another site's forum. It's a bit tacky under normal circumstances, and some sites would actually delete the post, anyway. I don't need to step on toes like that. I have a page on Facebook. Oddly, it gets a lot of likes...but I don't think any of them have actually liked the site itself...or even visited. I wonder if they just want more likes. Does it do something for your status? And I use MailChimp for newsletters, of which there have been few...not much news to send.
Given that Hivewire is going away in a month, I doubt they're going to protest.
Not on Facebook, so wouldn't know. But that place is really shallow. (Was there years ago, and left because the place was such a waste of time.)
Did visit your website. I'd like to know what the rules for vendors are there. Is there a pdf or page on that?

DanaTA

Distinguished
Given that Hivewire is going away in a month, I doubt they're going to protest.
Not on Facebook, so wouldn't know. But that place is really shallow. (Was there years ago, and left because the place was such a waste of time.)
Did visit your website. I'd like to know what the rules for vendors are there. Is there a pdf or page on that?
On the menu, under About there is an option Becoming a Vendor. There's info on that page.

You will have noticed that the buttons on the products are greyed unless you register and log in. This is because everything goes through the cart, even freebies. This way, it's always in your order history and you can always go download it again if you lose a drive. Also, if something gets a bug fix or enhancement, I will notify in email about it. That isn't automated yet. I just take notice and send the emails out manually.

Registration is multi-part. Create your username and password, which requires a strong password...I usually suggest using a generator like the one that comes with the Norton Password Manager (free plug-in for Chrome, FireFox and Edge). You also need to create a secret question and answer. You make up the question and the answer if you like, as long as it's something you'll remember. Too many sites have standard questions, like what was your first job, what street did you grow up on, etc. If someone hacks on site that has these, they may get the answers from a lot of site, because people seem to use the same info over and over. Your password and the secret answer are hashed in a way that I can't see them. After registering, an email is sent from infor@dana-anderson.com that has a link to click, which will activate your account. This is an attempt to weed out bots and hackers. So many people have gone through the registration process, then didn't follow through with the email link. Makes me wonder. Once you've done this and you log in, then you'll be able to put things into your cart or wishlist. The site is data-driven. Menus change depending on your role. ie: a vendor will see vendor related menu options, a tester will see tester related options, regular customers won't see those at all. I try to maintain good security. And I only take payments via PayPal...let someone else deal with credit card info!

Thanks for your interest!

Be well,
Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Just noticed some old menu links on that page, only use the one that says Welcome. I'll have to fix that as soon as I get the time and concentration. A bit preoccupied right now.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I think everyone is a bit preoccupied right now. I"m doing about a dozen different things myself.
Also, while I'm looking at possible homes for my products, none of them are going anywhere until January 5, after the Hivewire store closes. And they'll probably go to several different places. However, I'm looking now so I've got the information to make plans with.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist

Well, I've bookmarked your site. ;) :D