• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

eclark1894

Visionary
I think I'm getting better at this! :D

1588159983504.png
bok choy1.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
I was also watching tv this morning, and on one of my Roku channels is PlutoTV. They have a channel called BuzzR which plays reruns of old game shows from the 70s and 80s, like Match Game, Password and Concentration. I used to love those shows. Anyway, one of those old game shows was Supermarket Sweep, and in the background their set is set up like a Supermarket. The host was standing infrontof an older style produce refrigeration unit, and it made me want to restyle my fridge unit to match it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I look forward to seeing the difference. Not sure if I remember that game show, though the others you mentioned certainly sound familiar. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Ohhh, I look forward to seeing the difference. Not sure if I remember that game show, though the others you mentioned certainly sound familiar. ;)
Here's a link to a YouTube video for Supermarket Sweep. Notice the Produce area behind the host at the beginning.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I checked the YouTube video, and that looks good. The produce area is flat, so easily reachable by a shopper, but the mirror on an angle gives a view of a second area of produce that appears to rise up in the second area. I like it. That's a nice use of the mirror.

eclark1894

Visionary
OK, I checked the YouTube video, and that looks good. The produce area is flat, so easily reachable by a shopper, but the mirror on an angle gives a view of a second area of produce that appears to rise up in the second area. I like it. That's a nice use of the mirror.
That's what I was trying to do with my first version. Except mine was elevated at an angle. I'll try it flat this time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, nice ripe juicy peaches. Now how could you go wrong with those? ;)

DanaTA

Distinguished
Studying that photo for a while, I realized there are mirrors near the top actually looking down on the produce, so it looks taller than it actually is.

That said, however, I don't think I've ever seen a produce section set up like that. I can't promise anything, but I'll try to grab a couple of shots next time I'm at the supermarket so you can see how they have it set up. Needless to say, every supermarket's different so you never know what the produce section will look like.
I've yet to shop anywhere that has a setup like that, too. It's like the veggie wall of China!

Dana