• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk Special Edition Is Now Here!!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Except there doesn't seem to be a way to HAVE a separate Dusk library. I have installed from my original Dusk files into a library outside Studio 4 and Dusk still loads using the data library in my library in Studio 4, not using the data in the library he is installed to. Stopping now as the dog is getting worried about the amount of hair piling up around my chair.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You should NOT need the original Dusk file in DAZ Studio - in fact, leaving it there will indeed cause a duplicate ID message as noted in the ReadMe:

DAZ STUDIO USERS: Please delete the following files prior to installation to avoid duplicate id errors:

\People\Dusk\
Dusk.duf
Dusk.png

These morphs are in Dusk SE and may need to be dialed to get the original look/fit with some original Dusk items like those you mention.

FBMDusk
FBMDuskBody
FHMDuskHead
FHMDuskHairFitAdjust

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
OK. The morphs Dusk, DuskBody, and DuskHead but NOT DuskHairFitAdjust need to be dialed to enable use of Dusk Mid Length hair. However the Dusk Hero Hair is NOT fixed with any of these morphs.

nataani morph dusk morphs no hair refit hero hair.jpg

Nataani morphs with Dusk, DuskHead, DuskBody, no DuskHairRefitAdjust

nataani morph dusk morphs hair refit hero hair.jpg

Nataani morphs with Dusk, DuskHead, DuskBody, DuskHairRefitAdjust

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I did some quick testing in DS and all works fine IF one applies the Jackson or Joe morph FIRST and then add the hair.. Still checking Poser. Will record my results here. Personally I have not had any issues yet in either DS or Poser yet if one dials in the "original" (not the word I want to use, but I think you know what I mean:) Dusk Head and Body Morphs. Still checking in Poser and will record those results here too.

Duplicate formula error message still coming up. Tools folder is still in new SE zip and so there is two Dawn clones. You still can't have both old and new Dusk in same library. My solution is to have a seperate old Dusk library and use him from there. The reason you will still need old Dusk is that the HW hairs, Hero and Mid Length for Dusk, break and/0r deform when using Nataani by COF, and Joe and Jackson in the Rodrigo pack by CWRW.

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The reason you will still need old Dusk is that the HW hairs, Hero and Mid Length for Dusk, break and/0r deform when using Nataani by COF, and Joe and Jackson in the Rodrigo pack by CWRW.

I've been looking at this. In Nataani's case, there are solutions with the hair fitting of the HW hairs.

Dusk's Mid-Length hair :
1. Load Hair
2. Conform (Fit-To) Nataani
(This is assuming Dusk is already loaded and Nataani's shape preset is loaded.)
3. Apply the "Dusk Head" and "Dusk" morphs to Nataani.
(First one is found under "head" and second under "body" of Dusk SE.)

That should be enough to fix the fitting of the mid-length hair for Dusk. If people still find that the hair is colliding into Nataani's neck, I have made a morph for the hair that will move just the bottom rear of the hair back away from his neck, and I can release the morph if needed.

For the Hero hair :

1. Load Dusk, apply Nataani's shape.
2. Load and conform the hair.
3. Apply both the "Dusk" and "Dusk Head" morphs to Dusk SE.
4. Now select the Hero hair, and go up to the top of your DS window. Click on Edit --> Figure --> Add Smoothing Modifier.
5. That should be enough to get it fitting Nataani's head. You can adjust the Smoothing Iterations and Collision Iterations of need be.

I do not know if this is an issue in Poser, but this is how I got it to work on Dusk SE in Studio.

Here is a screenshot of my settings for the smoothing modifier if it's needed...

received_1246150282170268.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I usually add hair last (after clothing), so the "character" morphs (if any) have already been applied. I don't think I've ever thought to add hair first, before anything else.