• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk Special Edition Is Now Here!!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Quick question, if I install Dusk SE will he replace the original Dusk in any way, in either DS or Poser, or will I still be able to use the original Dusk exactly as someone could who never installs Dusk SE? I ask because I'm working on poses and want to have them compatible with both versions of Dusk.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i understood that the new one is compatible with the previous one...and you can set Dusk SE to look the same as the previous one with the Dusk head and body morph included. And i tried the poses i had for the first Dusk and work perfect in Dusk SE

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I was meaning, can I maintain both the original and SE as useable figures, or is installing SE going to overwrite anything of the original version (if I use the default install), so I no longer have the original Dusk in my runtime?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes it overwrites everything if you do a default install. But, there is a dial to set him back to the original shape for Dusk. So, you will have to install in a new place (or move original Dusk)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As Dakorillon said, you can have both. I always manually install products no matter the software, so I would just have 2 separate folders in the appropriate libraries, if that's what I wanted.

In this case, as with DawnSE when she first came out, I kept the 2 separate folders until I was sure I could use all the older products with the new DawnSE. Now I'm doing the same with DuskSE, and once I'm satisfied all is good, then I'll delete the original Dusk folder.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Small updates for DAZ Studio users, for this and for Dusk's Head Morph Resources Kit
Product Updates - Main Notification

Hey Alisa, you might want to amend your instruction to delete the whole base folder. If peeps are anything like me they have a swag of morphs in there from other vendors and will need to reinstall all these if that folder is deleted. I went in and deleted the Dusk dsf, base morphs, special edition, and head resource morphs and UV maps from the folder before I did the reinstall. Another way would be to take out all your other morphs besides the two affected and put them somewhere safe and put them back after the install.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Tthanks, Lorraine!!

We'll fix that in the ReadMe and I've changed it in the update thread

Just delete this folder and files in it

\data\HiveWire 3D\Dusk\Base\Tools\

Sorry, folks!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Duplicate formula error message still coming up. Tools folder is still in new SE zip and so there is two Dawn clones. You still can't have both old and new Dusk in same library. My solution is to have a seperate old Dusk library and use him from there. The reason you will still need old Dusk is that the HW hairs, Hero and Mid Length for Dusk, break and/0r deform when using Nataani by COF, and Joe and Jackson in the Rodrigo pack by CWRW.