• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dusk Skeleton In Progress

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I started modeling this skull for Dusk some time ago, maybe it was about last spring. Not quite sure. BUT... from my history of creating skeletons, and I've made several, anatomy models are evergreen products that have long term value. I created my first one at Viewpoint data labs with 2 other modelers on my anatomy team. I created another while at Zygote with one of my business partners, then created it again from NURBs to polys and fit it to our female figure Victoria, that same skeleton was derezed and is the skeleton that DAZ has now. I've also created one while at Zygote for an infant used for a National Geographic special featuring conjoined twins.

Anyway, here is work that is still in progress for us at HiveWire. I own a physical detailed full skeleton model and I'm using it as our reference for this project. Showing some of the efforts here. This one is going to take some time and a big effort, but it shows how we're in this for the long haul. The skull will have value by itself and from there I'll create the vertebral column and out from there. Then we'll fit it to Dawn and we'll have a good strong base to add other organs around.

For now this will all take a back seat to our big animal focus and push. The rest of the planned horse breeds, elephants, and big cat certainly take priority, but I'll try to keep this moving on the back burner and stir it occasionally.

Skull37.JPG
Skull38.JPG
Skull39.JPG
Skull40.JPG

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Alas, poor Dusk! I knew him, Chris...

Oh, not Shakespeare..

Creek.

Clearly I need some sleep :p

Awesome, by the way...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think you know more than you realise...I wouldn't know where to start with a skeleton or some of the other wonderful models you've done.

Darryl

Adventurous
I believe I have a skeleton that I've never used before. I wonder if it makes sense to add morphs where it could be cro-magnon, neanderthal or some other early human. Perhaps different races could be morphed in as I believe their skulls are differently shaped. Just a thought.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yep, awesome as usual. I would love it Chris if you ever have time to post modelling tips in short videos, like maybe your workflow, how you decide how to start your projects, decisions on topology, retopology, etc. Like I say, I know you are busy, but would be great to tap into your years of modelling experience.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I believe I have a skeleton that I've never used before. I wonder if it makes sense to add morphs where it could be cro-magnon, neanderthal or some other early human. Perhaps different races could be morphed in as I believe their skulls are differently shaped. Just a thought.

Definitely add value to the skull. Actually also to add expression morphs to it as well. Like to the orbit of the eye.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yep, awesome as usual. I would love it Chris if you ever have time to post modelling tips in short videos, like maybe your workflow, how you decide how to start your projects, decisions on topology, retopology, etc. Like I say, I know you are busy, but would be great to tap into your years of modelling experience.

It is a solid idea actually.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments ladies.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Alisa you hit what I was thinking right on!

Very nice Chris, a skeletal head is just what people need for the creep factor. Or... their thespians... or... their budding med students, or labs or... there's so many uses for a good skull, including cute earrings!